Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
For a picture of the Warlock check out the Venders section at the bottom under the heading My clone of the Canaroc Scorpion. Half way down the page you will see a picture of the Warlock under EchoVictor's Thread.

Arley,

I've got plans and a catalog. What I want to know is if you're making parts to clone the Warlock with? If you are, I'd like to get some. Phred made me decals long, long time ago. I'd like to have a rocket to put them on

Don
Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

Yes I can sale you the parts once I come up with a couble of sales no my Stands so I can get more Plastic. Are you in a hurry. for I would like to finish my rocket and take pictures before I sale the Warlock parts. The Warlock has 1 small Panel, 2 Large panels, 1 gun turent panel the tubes to make 6 guns and the Cockpit nose cone I will hollow out so glay can be added ot the nose of the Glider.

You will need one nose cone from BMS and I have a copy of the BT-60 nose cone, see the Thread The clone of the Canaroc Scorpion for a picture of the nose cone.

Before I start saleing the Warlock parts I would also like to know if others are interested in cloning the kit.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Are you in a hurry. for I would like to finish my rocket and take pictures before I sale the Warlock parts. The Warlock has 1 small Panel, 2 Large panels, 1 gun turent panel the tubes to make 6 guns and the Cockpit nose cone I will hollow out so glay can be added ot the nose of the Glider.

No, not in a hurry. Gotta finish this Scorpion first. Just would like to have the parts available when I'm ready to start.

Quote:
You will need one nose cone from BMS and I have a copy of the BT-60 nose cone, see the Thread The clone of the Canaroc Scorpion for a picture of the nose cone.

I think I've already got the nose cone if it's the same as the Antares. Split the cost with Phred (Excelsior) when he had BMS make some up for him. Of course, I know their laying around here somewhere......

Quote:
Before I start saleing the Warlock parts I would also like to know if others are interested in cloning the kit.

Well, you know I definately am interested. I think EV is also. I've sent him a copy of the plans. He may have already started his (EV.....Phreds got decals... ). It might be worthwhile to start another thread asking for interest. Of course, making sure everyone knows it's a BOOST GLIDER would help. It's very unique and will definately be a show stopper at any launch. Especially when people see where the motor is...... .

Don
NAR 53455
Old 08-30-2005, 06:22 PM

Yes I plan on a New thread once the film has been used to see if there is a demand. I should let you know that it would be more expensive than the scorpion parts. As for the BMS nose cone I do not thank it is the same for the Wartlock nose cone is for a BT-60 Body Tube.

And I plan on sending the plans for the Warlock to Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe as soon as he post all the other 20 or so plans I sent him.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Old School Rocketeer

Don/Arley,

I'll probably be starting my Warlock clone this weekend. I'm using my Sunward Galactic Wave as my "Scorpion", so I'm not too concerned about being totally exact on the Warlock, especially since money is super-tight right now.

Thus, my plans are to use a PNC-60V2 that I picked up cheap for the Cruiser body, and a hollow PNC-50K that I have laying around for the Strike Vehicle nose. The PNC-50K is the old completely hollow kind from an Alpha III starter kit, so it's got lots of space for nose weight, if needed.

Later,
EV
Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 PM

As I said on rocketry Foram Building a Scorpion without the panels is like building the Estes Interceptor without the wing Pods, It's not the same rocket it is not even a clone for a clone is an exact copy of the origonal or at least close.

And the Warlock Has 3 panels and a Gun Turret without them it's not a Warlock not even a clone . It's another rocket all together Like the Glactic Wave.

Last edited by Arley Davis : 08-31-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Old School Rocketeer

Here's some shots of the progress I've made so far with my Galactic Wave....

Pic 1: Overall 3/4 shot. You can see here how I tilted the wings at 30 deg from horizontal
like the Scorp.

Pic 2: Close up. The inside of the side tubes and lasers are painted in Gunmetal.

Pic 3: Rear. I sealed and painted the "radiator" fins before assembling the big body tube,
which I had painted the inside of red, but got some white overspray on.

I'll be putting on some home-made labels in the next couple of days, and she'll make her maiden flight on Saturday. Report to follow....

Later,
EV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00843.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  61.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00844.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  59.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00845.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  59.7 KB  
Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Master Modeler

Looking good! So you hand painted the wing details? Look like decals. How did the instructions have you mount the launch lug? Guess it doesn't matter much without the body panels. Scorpion instructions have it mounted on a body panel. I'm going to use Arley's idea and mount it on a pylon.

Looking forward to seeing your completed kit and flight reports. Doesn't look like you need to worry too much about stability.

I'm still sanding my balsa . Hard to hold back from building but want to get all the grain filled. At least the tube spirals are filled and my motor mount is built . And my wife still hasn't ran me out of the living room yet so I can watch TV while I'm sanding (she hasn't even complained about the dust.......I think she's setting me up).

Don
NAR 53455
Old 08-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Old School Rocketeer

Don,

the GW instructions just have you put it along the lower wing root edge where it meets the body. Yuk.

You're lucky that I'm in a picture taking mood this evening. Here's where I hid it....

Later,
EV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00849.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  57.8 KB  
Old 08-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Master Modeler

Nice spot. Almost same as Arley. His method has you trim a pylon down and fit the lug between the pylon and the PT100 (I guess that would be your BT56) so it appears as part of the pylon. I'm going the same route but between pylon and PT400.

Your picture taking is making me really want to rush this.......uuuugggghhhh

Don
NAR 53455