Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

My feeling is that this thread is walking close to the line on a couple of counts.

Boo-effing-hoo could be construed as offensive by some.

References to red state / blue state with regard to gun control sounds kinda political.

Just sayin'.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:01 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

That's why I made no comment about red/blue for desire not to rile Scott.
Not all "Blue" States hate the 2nd Amendment.
We have right to open carry in my state and also are a "Shall Issue" on CCW permits.
We are also now "Stand your ground" with no duty to retreat.

Plastic AR magazines suck.
Most of my mags are genuine Colt Aluminum with a few FN also.
My M4 came with a POS plastic 30rd, which nobody I have tried to give it to wants.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-03-2021, 03:55 PM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
My feeling is that this thread is walking close to the line on a couple of counts.

Boo-effing-hoo could be construed as offensive by some.

References to red state / blue state with regard to gun control sounds kinda political.

Just sayin'.

Your in Canada how many people own AR's in Cana-da
Old 10-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
Your in Canada how many people own AR's in Cana-da

Not many. And why would we?
Old 10-04-2021, 06:34 AM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Not many. And why would we?

Since you will never know for yourself, there is no way to explain it to YOU.
( there go's that pronoun again ) ,
I used to love Canada, I lived just 12 miles from the bridge to Winsor. had relatives in Windsor and
London. All my Windsor relatives that are still alive live in the USA, the London relatives ?
What I cannot figure is: why do we have such a strong border with Canada and no border with Mexico ?
Old 10-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
Since you will never know for yourself, there is no way to explain it to YOU.
( there go's that pronoun again ) ,
I used to love Canada, I lived just 12 miles from the bridge to Winsor. had relatives in Windsor and
London. All my Windsor relatives that are still alive live in the USA, the London relatives ?
What I cannot figure is: why do we have such a strong border with Canada and no border with Mexico ?

In my experience, the border security going into Canada over the International Bridge (Detroit/Windsor) was strong to say the least, but coming back was a breeze. They asked a ton of questions and searched everything. They didn't even buy me dinner and a cigarette afterwards. They left everything strewn on the ground and scratched up my motorcycle hard bags to add insult to injury. As bad as I had it going in, the van with a family of 7 or 8 Laotians was treated even worse. Coming back to the USA after my trip, was "Did you have a nice vacation? Drive carefully!" and I was on my way in about 30 seconds. This was June of 2006 so it was not far removed from 9/11 and I was a bit surprised.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:46 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I have found the exact opposite going in/out of Canada at the Blue Water bridge of Port Huron.
Breeze going into Canada, major pain in the butt by rude USBP agents coming back intent on giving hassles. Once had a CORPORATE Cadillac SRX searched by drug dogs on the way back for no stinkin' reason. Not even so much as a "thanks" after the nuisance action by the clowns either.

Those that don't have AR15's don't understand.
Great target rifle.
Used to be ammo was cheap. Factory ammo for anything now (including even 22LR) is a mega-RIPOFF.
Great defense rifle.
In a pinch in hands of a decent marksman can be used for big-game with right loads.
Extremely configurable for anyone's needs.
Parts availability second to none.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-04-2021, 09:00 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I have found the exact opposite going in/out of Canada at the Blue Water bridge of Port Huron.
Breeze going into Canada, major pain in the butt by rude USBP agents coming back intent on giving hassles. Once had a CORPORATE Cadillac SRX searched by drug dogs on the way back for no stinkin' reason. Not even so much as a "thanks" after the nuisance action by the clowns either.

Those that don't have AR15's don't understand.
Great target rifle.
Used to be ammo was cheap. Factory ammo for anything now (including even 22LR) is a mega-RIPOFF.
Great defense rifle.
In a pinch in hands of a decent marksman can be used for big-game with right loads.
Extremely configurable for anyone's needs.
Parts availability second to none.

Like I said, this was 2006 so today it is probably completely different. Also, you probably make the trek more often and use a passport. I had only been once 5 years earlier and didn't have a passport because it wasn't mandatory back then.

The only other time I crossed was 2001 at Niagra Falls. My nephew was drafted by the Phillies and was with Batavia's short season A team after the college world series. I took his truck to him and then took his mom and my wife to the falls before we came back. They asked questions such as where are you from, do you have any guns with you, do you own any guns? I answered the last with, "It's really none of your business, but of course I do, I said I'm from Tennessee!" I expected to get turned away, but they let us in. Coming back to the USA took longer because the USA guys had their ferocious basset hound sniffing for illegal produce and they busted someone in front of us.

As for the AR, 100% agreement.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Like I said, this was 2006 so today it is probably completely different. Also, you probably make the trek more often and use a passport. I had only been once 5 years earlier and didn't have a passport because it wasn't mandatory back then.

The only other time I crossed was 2001 at Niagra Falls. My nephew was drafted by the Phillies and was with Batavia's short season A team after the college world series. I took his truck to him and then took his mom and my wife to the falls before we came back. They asked questions such as where are you from, do you have any guns with you, do you own any guns? I answered the last with, "It's really none of your business, but of course I do, I said I'm from Tennessee!" I expected to get turned away, but they let us in. Coming back to the USA took longer because the USA guys had their ferocious basset hound sniffing for illegal produce and they busted someone in front of us.

As for the AR, 100% agreement.

I also agree on the AR and thank you GH for your explanation.
The last time I was in Canada was many many moons ago. And I made a big mistake of trying to enter Canada with Florida Plates. Boy did I get the once over. I didn't know there where so many parts of a car that could be removed.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:37 AM
Dazed and Confused

Following up on Tigerhawk's thread, ground was broken Friday in Maryville, TN for the new Smith and Wesson headquarters.