Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2021, 11:22 AM
Model Rocketry - The Good Ole Days

Cool LOC 1 Series model rocket kits

Check out the LOC 1 Series kits at,
https://bellevillehobby.com/product.../loc-precision/
Old 07-31-2021, 12:09 PM
Craftsman

I a picked up a couple of the older, pre move west LOC 1” kits and they were fun to build and flew great - I gave one away to a youngster at a launch, the other is still in the fleet. These were the older style kits with surface mount fins - the new ones are TTW. Pretty much a typical high quality LOC kit, just a fair bit smaller 😉
Old 07-31-2021, 12:25 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Those are amazing prices for those kits! I am tempted to get a bunch of them.

My inventory has dropped below 200 kits, so I am feeling somewhat less guilty about getting more rockets ...

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Super X-Ray
In the Paint Shop: Estes 1:100 Saturn 1B (old #2048 kit)
Last Completed: Estes V-2 (w/ scale enhancements)
Old 07-31-2021, 01:41 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Those are amazing prices for those kits! I am tempted to get a bunch of them.

My inventory has dropped below 200 kits, so I am feeling somewhat less guilty about getting more rockets ...

Dang - I didn’t look at the prices until now…we’re packing up for a near future move so adding more kits to pile is not going to happen…hopefully they’ll be a couple still in stock in a couple weeks!
Old 07-31-2021, 01:43 PM
Model Rocketry - The Good Ole Days

Cool

40% discount I believe.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:50 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
Dang - I didn’t look at the prices until now…we’re packing up for a near future move so adding more kits to pile is not going to happen…hopefully they’ll be a couple still in stock in a couple weeks!

Scott, good luck with that move! We have been in our house since 1983, and only a small percentage of acquisitions have left, been tossed, or sold. I dread the day we have to move. I have a pretty complete wood shop in my basement, with a lot of cast iron in tools that were assembled in the basement. If I cannot sell most to whoever buys the house, I think the big escape window will get replaced with a big door, and then excavate for a wide set of stairs rising up into the back yard, to get everything out.

Actually, I should do that now. Would make getting lumber into the basement easier, and definitely getting projects out easier!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Super X-Ray
In the Paint Shop: Estes 1:100 Saturn 1B (old #2048 kit)
Last Completed: Estes V-2 (w/ scale enhancements)
Old 07-31-2021, 01:58 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Scott, good luck with that move! We have been in our house since 1983, and only a small percentage of acquisitions have left, been tossed, or sold. I dread the day we have to move. I have a pretty complete wood shop in my basement, with a lot of cast iron in tools that were assembled in the basement. If I cannot sell most to whoever buys the house, I think the big escape window will get replaced with a big door, and then excavate a wide set of stairs rising up into the back yard, to get everything out.

Actually, I should do that now. Would make getting lumber into the basement easier, and definitely getting projects out easier!

Thanks Lee - it’s been an interesting experience. We’re moving to be equidistant between both our children and their families and closer to our parents (and my wife’s sisters). I have an addition on the back of our 2 car garage full of way too much stuff plus the rocket shop in the basement. Packing up kits is pretty easy but packing built rockets has been a PITB! We’re moving then selling so the last things to go before the realty sign goes up will probably be my rockets - been disquieting not having any rockets in-work on my bench!
Old 07-31-2021, 04:02 PM
Master Modeler

Those kits look very interesting!

They would make for nice "B6-4" kits for demonstration flying.

Out club loans out models at its outreach launches. I could see buying a dozen of these, building them super sturdy, and giving them really nice paint jobs, for this duty.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 07-31-2021, 04:17 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Those kits look very interesting!

They would make for nice "B6-4" kits for demonstration flying.

Out club loans out models at its outreach launches. I could see buying a dozen of these, building them super sturdy, and giving them really nice paint jobs, for this duty.

Build per the instructions and they’re plenty sturdy and light enough for an Estes A8-3 with a streamer for recovery. These are made from the tube LOC uses for 29mm motor mounts. Using these for a demo fleet is a great idea!
Old 07-31-2021, 05:29 PM
Sometimes collector

That shipping is murder if you go over $50. I never understood their model.