Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2021, 03:49 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 6,024
Default Estes Kit and Starter Kit Lists 1961-2021

Thanks to Don Altschwager for continuing to update the Estes Kit List and Estes Starter Kit List on his end. I hadn't updated the versions that were on Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe since 2008. We now have a complete list of kits from 1961-2020 thanks to Don. You can check them out here:

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/kit_lists.htm

The old lists I had up that showed kits that had plans online can still be found at these links:

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/e...it_list_old.pdf

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/e...it_list_old.pdf
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-19-2021, 04:13 PM
5x7's Avatar
5x7 5x7 is offline
Sometimes collector
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,193
Default

This is really great, I was trying to continue the kit list and itís wonderful it is done.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2021, 09:23 PM
BEC's Avatar
BEC BEC is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auburn, Washington
Posts: 3,086
Default

I see that the list includes the recent Hobby Lobby exclusives.

There are a couple of recent re-releases that are available through AC Supply ó the Nova Payloader and the Guardian. They are sold in bulk kit form (no face card) though they are available singly. eRockets also sells them singly.

They have different catalog numbers that are down in the 1700s like a number for bulk kits (1716 for the Nova Payloader, 1717 for the Guardian). This number is separate from the 12-unit bulk kit numbers for these. The 1716 Nova Payloader uses a different nose cone than all previous incarnations of that model and returns to waterslide decals like the first release vs. the stickers of the other two releases, though the new waterslides use the artwork of the sticker version, not the first water slides. I donít know about the Guardian as Iíve not researched that one at all.

Anyway, should these be included?

There was also a boxed version of the Nova Payloader. I canít tell you what its catalog number was until I get home next Monday.
__________________
Bernard Cawley
NAR 89040 L1 - Life Member
SAM 0061
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Gus's Avatar
Gus Gus is offline
7/21/61
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 2,033
Default

I just want to add my thanks to Don! This is a huge service to our community.

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I see that the list includes the recent Hobby Lobby exclusives.

There are a couple of recent re-releases that are available through AC Supply ó the Nova Payloader and the Guardian. They are sold in bulk kit form (no face card) though they are available singly. eRockets also sells them singly.

They have different catalog numbers that are down in the 1700s like a number for bulk kits (1716 for the Nova Payloader, 1717 for the Guardian). This number is separate from the 12-unit bulk kit numbers for these. The 1716 Nova Payloader uses a different nose cone than all previous incarnations of that model and returns to waterslide decals like the first release vs. the stickers of the other two releases, though the new waterslides use the artwork of the sticker version, not the first water slides. I donít know about the Guardian as Iíve not researched that one at all.

Anyway, should these be included?

There was also a boxed version of the Nova Payloader. I canít tell you what its catalog number was until I get home next Monday.

Thanks, Bernard. I'll get those added. Any idea as to what year they came available? Was it 2020?
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2021, 04:49 PM
BEC's Avatar
BEC BEC is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auburn, Washington
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Thanks, Bernard. I'll get those added. Any idea as to what year they came available? Was it 2020?

Nope. 2018. I got some in July of 2018.

And Steve is right, despite my nitpicks, it IS a great resource to have.
__________________
Bernard Cawley
NAR 89040 L1 - Life Member
SAM 0061
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2021, 05:36 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Nope. 2018. I got some in July of 2018.

Thanks, Bernard. I've now updated the Starter Kit/Bulk Kit list.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2021, 05:49 PM
BEC's Avatar
BEC BEC is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auburn, Washington
Posts: 3,086
Default

Scott,

Not to get pedantic about it, but you misunderstood me. The catalog numbers I gave you are for individual kits, not bulk packages. They are just packaged without header cards and such. As such they seem to me to belong on the ďregularĒ kit list.

The actual part numbers for the 12-kit bulk packages are:
1757 - Nova Payloader
1779 - Guardian

1729 - Galaxy Bulk Pack (four Guardians, four Nova Payloaders, four Alpha IIIs) [https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes-mo...-model-rockets]
__________________
Bernard Cawley
NAR 89040 L1 - Life Member
SAM 0061
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2021, 06:12 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Scott,

Not to get pedantic about it, but you misunderstood me. The catalog numbers I gave you are for individual kits, not bulk packages. They are just packaged without header cards and such. As such they seem to me to belong on the ďregularĒ kit list.

The actual part numbers for the 12-kit bulk packages are:
1757 - Nova Payloader
1779 - Guardian

1729 - Galaxy Bulk Pack (four Guardians, four Nova Payloaders, four Alpha IIIs) [https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes-mo...-model-rockets]

I've got both lists updated now with what should be the correct info.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 6,024
Default

I've made more updates to the lists. I moved kits out of the starter set/other list, moved non-kits out of regular list to the starter set/other list and general cleanup.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558

Last edited by Ltvscout : 02-13-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2021