Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Yep, I understand that each plan is an individual post in a new section. But, for that very reason (and because of the numbers of plans there will be), I was trying to come up with some way to make it just a bit easier to find a given plan in what will be, eventually (if most all plans get posted), about 130 posts. That assumes no ‘commentary’ posts mixed in with the ‘plan’ posts.

If folks are ok with wading through that many to find a plan (or to see whether a given plan has been posted before they post one...don’t want two and three copies of a given plan posted), then ok.

Earl

I'm thinking you're not understanding what I'm saying. This post is located in the Plans & Publications section under the Golden Age of Model Rocketry. I would create a new section under the SEMROC area called SEMROC Plans. Whoever has plans would create a new post (not a reply) in the SEMROC Plans section for each plan they are going to upload. They would enter the model name in the title. All someone has to do then is view the SEMROC Plans section to see all the plans listed.

Here's an example. Click on this link to see all the plans in the Plans & Publications section:

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

I see no difference reading down the list that way vs reading a list in a separate post. What would be even faster if they already know the model they want the plans for is to use the Search function at the top.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:52 PM
TigerHawk TigerHawk is offline
Model Rocketry - The Good Ole Days
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 29
Default

Great ideas! I can scan the ones I have and send them when you're set up and ready for them?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-09-2020, 05:03 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I'm thinking you're not understanding what I'm saying. This post is located in the Plans & Publications section under the Golden Age of Model Rocketry. I would create a new section under the SEMROC area called SEMROC Plans. Whoever has plans would create a new post (not a reply) in the SEMROC Plans section for each plan they are going to upload. They would enter the model name in the title. All someone has to do then is view the SEMROC Plans section to see all the plans listed.

Here's an example. Click on this link to see all the plans in the Plans & Publications section:

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

I see no difference reading down the list that way vs reading a list in a separate post. What would be even faster if they already know the model they want the plans for is to use the Search function at the top.


Ok, yes. I was thinking of typical ‘replies’ within a given thread. Yes, just glancing down what appears ‘like’ a list of ‘messages’ would be fairly easy.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Tau Zero's Avatar
Tau Zero Tau Zero is offline
Incurable SEMROC Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
Posts: 2,174
Talking "I Have A Cunning Plan," by S. Baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Yep, I understand that each plan is an individual post in a new section. But, for that very reason (and because of the numbers of plans there will be), I was trying to come up with some way to make it just a bit easier to find a given plan in what will be, eventually (if most all plans get posted), about 130 posts. That assumes no ‘commentary’ posts mixed in with the ‘plan’ posts.
Earl, I agree. Commentary posts should be posted on separate threads.

Quote:
If folks are ok with wading through that many to find a plan (or to see whether a given plan has been posted before they post one...don’t want two and three copies of a given plan posted), then ok.
I think the plan should be to:

1) Have Scott D. Hansen create a separate "Semroc Plans" section under "Plans & Publications."

2) Compile a list to see how many of Carl's original PDFs we can scrounge up.

3) Post those PDFs individually. We should probably include Rocksim files (I haven't *begun* to look at my collection ), along with scanned fin patterns, decals (?), etc.

4) Then any remaining "missing" instruction sheets can be scanned and posted to "fill in the blanks."

I can head this up, but it could take a little time to get started.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions?
__________________
Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"/"Tau Zero"
YORF Member 28
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"Your lightyears may vary."


“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Ltvscout's Avatar
Ltvscout Ltvscout is offline
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 5,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Earl, I agree. Commentary posts should be posted on separate threads.

I think the plan should be to:

1) Have Scott D. Hansen create a separate "Semroc Plans" section under "Plans & Publications."

2) Compile a list to see how many of Carl's original PDFs we can scrounge up.

3) Post those PDFs individually. We should probably include Rocksim files (I haven't *begun* to look at my collection ), along with scanned fin patterns, decals (?), etc.

4) Then any remaining "missing" instruction sheets can be scanned and posted to "fill in the blanks."

I can head this up, but it could take a little time to get started.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions?

First I need approval from Randy Boadway. I emailed him yesterday but haven't heard back as of yet.
__________________
Scott D. Hansen
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe - Your One Stop BAR Shoppe!
Ye Olde Rocket Plans - OOP Rocket Plans From 38 Companies!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-10-2020, 02:36 PM
LeeR's Avatar
LeeR LeeR is online now
Retired with Way Too Many Kits
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,493
Default My Semroc PDFs

My list of saved instructions is not quite the size of other's lists, and certainly not Bill Eichelberger’s list. However, I spotted a couple on my list that Bill did not have. Perhaps amongst all of us, we have all the instructions covered.

These are all PDFs downloaeded from the old Semroc website.

Arcas KS-8
Arcon KV-15
Baby Orion, KA-31
Bandit, KV-81
Blue Bird Zero, KV-45
Centaur, KV-12
Cherokee-C, KA-30
Excalibur, KV-43
Firefly, KV-31
Goliath, KV-28
Hawk, KV-65
Laser-X, KV-33
Magnum Hornet, KV-69
Marauder, KV-32
Mars Lander, KV-54
Mini Hustler, KA-20
Mini Omega, KA-29
Nike-Tomahawk, KD-7
Nomad, KV-76
Omega, KV-64
Orbital Transport, KV-66
Orion, KV-41
Point, KV-58
Ranger, KV-83
Saturn 1B, KS-1
Scrambler, KV-34
Shrike, KV-37
Sky Hook II, KA-27
SLS Aero-Dart, KV-6
SLS ARCAS, KS-5
SLS Brighton, KA-9
SLS Explorer, KV-56
SLS Hustler, KV-11
SLS Laser-X, KLV-33
SLS Lil’ Hustler, KV-57
SLS Sky Hook, KLV-9
Space Shuttle, KV-38
Sprite, KV-86
Squire, KA-3
SST Shuttle-1, KCC-1
Starfire, KV-20
Starship Excalibur, KV-85
Starship Vega, KV-78
Texas Firefly, KA-8
Trident, KV-71
USS America, KV-77
VF-261, FV-261
WAC Corporal, KD-1
X-Ray, XES-K18
__________________
Lee Reep

On the Drawing Board: Super Hornet
Projects: Super X-Ray, QCC Explorer, Orange Bullet, Farside-X
In the Paint Shop: Estes V-2 rebuild
Last Completed: Estes Phoenix

Last edited by LeeR : 09-10-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-10-2020, 04:31 PM
s1lence s1lence is offline
Cars, Games, Rockets Oh my
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 84
Default

I have the Thunderbee SEM-FA1 already scanned as well (with the decal too).
__________________
Apparently I like to collect kits and build them from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-10-2020, 04:36 PM
snaquin's Avatar
snaquin snaquin is offline
The_Ripper
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
First I need approval from Randy Boadway. I emailed him yesterday but haven't heard back as of yet.
I hope Randy approves it. This would be a great resource!
__________________
Steve Naquin
TRA# 677 L2
NAR# 85518 L2
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5”w/Stickershock23.com Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate.
🚀 In Repair: [On Hold] Semroc SLS Lil’ Hustler, Semroc SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Launch Countdown: Coming Soon
🚀 Upcoming Launch: Winnsboro, LA 11/7 - 11/8 rain out dates 11/14 - 11/15
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-10-2020, 08:45 PM
5x7's Avatar
5x7 5x7 is offline
Sometimes collector
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I hope Randy approves it. This would be a great resource!


That sure would be great, see post three And four for likely complete list of Semroc NC releases:
https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18077
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-10-2020, 10:08 PM
Tau Zero's Avatar
Tau Zero Tau Zero is offline
Incurable SEMROC Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
Posts: 2,174
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
That sure would be great, see post three And four for likely complete list of Semroc NC releases:
https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18077
Ooh!
__________________
Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"/"Tau Zero"
YORF Member 28
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"Your lightyears may vary."


“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2020