Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default New old kits

Hi Im an old rocketeer making a come back from the late 60's and 70's Anyway I dug out some of my old stuff just to see what I had left and found a box with some old Centuri and Estes kits in it. Almost all are opened, just never got around to building them. some are missing a few parts or have damaged tubes from storage. All have the old paperwork. I noticed that you post plans on your site and I think I have a few kits you need pictures for. I have Centuri, Black widow, T-Bird, Centaur, X-21, Micro probe, Estes Astron Falcon this one has some stains. Astron Space Plane, Also is the Estes Astron space plane suposed to have a white body tube? I can scan what ever you need. Thanks Gravitybandit Bob
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitybandit
Hi Im an old rocketeer making a come back from the late 60's and 70's Anyway I dug out some of my old stuff just to see what I had left and found a box with some old Centuri and Estes kits in it. Almost all are opened, just never got around to building them. some are missing a few parts or have damaged tubes from storage. All have the old paperwork. I noticed that you post plans on your site and I think I have a few kits you need pictures for. I have Centuri, Black widow, T-Bird, Centaur, X-21, Micro probe, Estes Astron Falcon this one has some stains. Astron Space Plane, Also is the Estes Astron space plane suposed to have a white body tube? I can scan what ever you need. Thanks Gravitybandit Bob

WOW! did you find a goldmine!

The Centuri Black Widow is an EXCEPTIONAL find!

And yes the Astron Spaceplane came with a white body tube!

That tube was hand rolled on the Estes' farmhouse floor by Gleda Estes!

Build them if you want to but most people here would save them and go to SEMROC

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/default.asp

Find the replacement parts and copy (clone) the kit.

Do post the plans too!

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 05-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Thanks for the info on semroc, Ill check them out. Gravitybandit
Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I also found my old camroc cameras. I remember my first one did a lawn dart after four flights and messed up the nose lens so I bought a new one and never used it. I dont suppose you could ever find film for these anymore. I guess flying these would be risky at best. I dont think I ever got a good picture with them anyway. Gravitybandit Bob
Old 05-20-2007, 10:56 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
I also found my old camroc cameras. I remember my first one did a lawn dart after four flights and messed up the nose lens so I bought a new one and never used it. I dont suppose you could ever find film for these anymore. I guess flying these would be risky at best. I dont think I ever got a good picture with them anyway. Gravitybandit Bob

Do a Google search on Camroc. I'm pretty sure someone had an updated way of doing this, but I'm not sure which forum it was presented on. You might want to consider what you have as a piece of history and look into digital photography. Digital seems to get cheaper with each flying season and there are several inexpensive methods out there that employ pen cams and other inexpensive digital and 35mm cameras.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark
Old 05-20-2007, 11:13 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:

Hey, Bob!

Ditto what Sandman said, that's a goldmine. I don't think anyone has the Micro Probe posted yet, so I know Scott at Ye Olde Rocket Plans (YORP) can put them to good use! As for the remaining Centuri plans, we are especially looking for the oldest versions. YORP and JimZ have several collections of Centuri designs, but many of these are the later, plastic-nose versions that had been "altered" since their first release. If any of the plans you have represent balsa-nose early versions, please send them!

BTW, Welcome to the asylum!

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 05-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Ill try and post a picture but Im new to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  old astron.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  214.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  old rockets.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  199.8 KB  
Old 05-20-2007, 11:26 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:

(Insert loud shouting and unrestrained hoopla in the background...)

Bob!

Those are, indeed, the older versions of the T-Bird and Centaur in particular. If those are already opened, what we really need are digital scans of those plans, each and every page. It would be nice to get scans of the fin sheets, too. The settings for the scanner need to be at 300 DPI, color or B&W for the plan sheets, and color for the balsa sheets; the file formats should be either a JPG, TIF, or PNG for the instruction sheets, and TIF or PNG for the balsa sheets.

Shout if you need further assistance with those scans...

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:

(Bill stands in awe and almost piddles himself like an excited puppy.)

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark
Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Hi Craig I'll get my scanner out tommorow and see what I can do. I took those pictures with a digital camera.Take Care, and thanks for all the info. Gravitybandit Bob