Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 PM
BP Mafia

Default More Maxes

A ten minute project, the Miniscule Max, on the left. (Retro Rockets Mini Red Max and Estes Mini Max shown for perspective.) I figured I needed a Max in every body tune size, so I started at the bottom. This picture covers BT-5, BT-20 and BT-50. I guess a BT-55 is next, then BT-70. Gives me an excuse to try some new red paint colors.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Master Modeler

Maybe it's just the camera perspective but the one on the left looks bigger than a BT-50. Nice birds though.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Master Modeler

Dang, Fish, you've been a rocket building machine, here recently. Very nice work—as always. Looking forward to seeing your flight shots.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:24 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
Dang, Fish, you've been a rocket building machine, here recently. Very nice work—as always. Looking forward to seeing your flight shots.

Temps and field conditions should be in my favor tomorrow, but the winds might be a bit out of line. I sure plan to try.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Old 04-14-2014, 03:50 PM
BP Mafia

Nope. No flying here yesterday. Unless you count the deck umbrella.

This is another one that I recently finished construction on, the Moderately Deep Space Transport. I always liked the DST, but the only two nose cones I could find for it were the BT-80 Maxi Hojo and the BT-50 Mini Hojo. I didn't want to go the BT-80 route, so I bought a Mini Hojo and started this project a few years ago. After dry fitting the whole thing together, I decided that the Mini Hojo cone had too much detail to cover up and bought a cone from Carl instead. I cobbled this together out of a lot of spare parts. The outboards were accidentally set up with Quest tubing, so I had to pick up a couple of cheap Flash kits to cannibalize for the nose cones. The PO contributed to this project by providing the cardstock for the exhaust cones, and I plan to fly it at least once unpainted to show off my scrounging handiwork.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 08-31-2014, 07:10 PM
BP Mafia

Bought this one from Eric Cayemberg a few months ago after he posted a message on TRF. Not sure if you know this, but I sometimes like to build OOP birds or the occasional clone. I flew this one a couple of weeks back, but the original elastic snapped despite feeling quite springy when I installed it. (Along with 18" of Kevlar.) It'll fly again, maybe as soon as tomorrow.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
BP Mafia

I picked up this Estes Hornet at Hobby Lobby several years back in the clearance section. I've been building it for a few weeks when I had the time. Despite several minor tragedies, it came out okay.

Except for this little spot on the Estes logo. It decided to stay on the backing paper.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 08-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Master Modeler

[QUOTE=A Fish Named WallyumExcept for this little spot on the Estes logo. It decided to stay on the backing paper. [/QUOTE]

I would be tempted to mess with that ... I wonder if you could cut an E from another decal and lay it over the top of that one?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:01 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6060842
I would be tempted to mess with that ... I wonder if you could cut an E from another decal and lay it over the top of that one?

Probably. I've got a ton of them hanging around from various projects over the years. I'll have to look around.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Where'd it go?

Bill,

You could be a bit artistic and color it in with a fine tipped Sharpie...

Bob

NAR# 54643 L-1

SAM# 043

AMA# 157091

VRCS# 154

A&P# 42x xx xxxx.