Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 11:19 AM
frustrated aero

Default Mine's an original

Well, I built mine (2nd one) the package was open anyway...but I haven't flown it. Lost the first on an F67
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00914LR.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  50.0 KB  
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Progress on one Nike Ram clone...

Here's my 'display' Nike Ram. It can be flown but I intend it to just be admired. My other Nike ram clone will be the 'flight' model.

Nice Nike Ram Bob

Looks great!

I still have parts and decals to build a couple with the hardwood nose cones that Sandman made for me last year that were turned to the PNC-132 dimensions. Now that I see your finished Nike Ram model it makes me want to get mine finished too! Is there any way to get a scan of the "specifications" black and chrome decal that came with the original kit or is it still sealed? Would be nice to make a repro of that!

I can't bring myself to fly my very similar EnerJet 1340 Sounding Rocket clone that I built to match the scans that Chris Timm provided and the image that was featured in the EnerJet News. I guess I'll have to dub that one a "display" model as well ..... I find it interesting that the PR images that featured the 1340 and Nike Ram rockets were painted with the same color schemes.

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/enerj...340/enj1340.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
Well, I built mine (2nd one) the package was open anyway...but I haven't flown it. Lost the first on an F67

Dave

I like the flat black and bright orange 'old school' sounding rocket colors you chose for your version. It looks great finished like that. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your paint scheme when I build mine so that mine won't so closely resemble my 1340?

I love the Rocket Pictures #9 Nostalgia: EnerJets and such... that you have set up on your website. The Nike Ram that Larry Brown is loading on the pad appears to be mostly black/silver and white.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:  EnerJet 1340 Rocket_EnerJet News Sept 1972.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  67.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Larry Brown NARAM14 1340 Prototype_EJ1340-20_ARG SR1720.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  96.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  002EnerJet 1340 Rocket System First Shown.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  95.5 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
frustrated aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Nice Nike Ram Bob

Dave

I like the flat black and bright orange 'old school' sounding rocket colors you chose for your version. It looks great finished like that. I hope you don't mind if I borrow your paint scheme when I build mine so that mine won't so closely resemble my 1340?

I love the Rocket Pictures #9 Nostalgia: EnerJets and such... that you have set up on your website. The Nike Ram that Larry Brown is loading on the pad appears to be mostly black/silver and white.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery ... or something like that--I would be honored!

Yeah, I copied Larry's color scheme for my first NR -- decided I needed something brighter the 2nd time around
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Default Another Nike Ram finished!

I have finished a second Nike Ram clone.

This model was finished in the 'Challenging' paint scheme described in the kit instructions.

I have attached front/back views of this model along with front/back views of both of my Nike Ram models.

The 'Challenging' finished model will be my flight model for NARAM-49. Unless, I build a third Nike Ram in the 'Easy' paint scheme.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Nike Ram 1 & 2 Back.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  57.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nike Ram #1 & 2 Front.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  59.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nike Ram #2 Back.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  63.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nike Ram #2 Front.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  55.2 KB  
Old 05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
I have finished a second Nike Ram clone.

This model was finished in the 'Challenging' paint scheme described in the kit instructions.

I have attached front/back views of this model along with front/back views of both of my Nike Ram models.

The 'Challenging' finished model will be my flight model for NARAM-49. Unless, I build a third Nike Ram in the 'Easy' paint scheme.

Bob

Bob,

That's awesome! I considered all of the alt. paint schemes mentioned in the Nike-Ram instructions but it's another thing actually seeing the model finished in the challenging paint scheme.

Both your Nike-Rams look great and that only makes it harder to decide what color scheme looks the best. I'll probably opt for one of the alternate paint schemes since my EnerJet 1340 already closely resembles the Nike-Ram as shown in the EnerJet catalog photos.

I made some progress on my Nike-Ram. When my wife asked me to clean up the spare room, I picked up the parts off the floor and put them in a bag .....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Nike-Ram Semroc LT-125 Parts Sandman Hardwood Nose Cone.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  141.3 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 05-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Very nice Bob!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Master Modeler

Man, that's a good looking rocket Bob. I like your display stand as well.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmug
Man, that's a good looking rocket Bob. I like your display stand as well.

Thanks, Sadmug.

The display stands are available from Q Modeling. They will, also, do custom nameplate laser engraving for the stands.

Bob
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Bob,

That's awesome! I considered all of the alt. paint schemes mentioned in the Nike-Ram instructions but it's another thing actually seeing the model finished in the challenging paint scheme.

Both your Nike-Rams look great and that only makes it harder to decide what color scheme looks the best. I'll probably opt for one of the alternate paint schemes since my EnerJet 1340 already closely resembles the Nike-Ram as shown in the EnerJet catalog photos.

I made some progress on my Nike-Ram. When my wife asked me to clean up the spare room, I picked up the parts off the floor and put them in a bag .....

Steve,

If it wasn't for the floor, I wouldn't have any place to store all my rocket stuff!

Bob
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Default A third Nike Ram clone

I have finished a third Nike Ram clone.

I now have a Nike Ram finished in the three different paint schemes Centuri/Enerjet displayed/announced.

This latest Nike Ram was finished in the 'Easy' scheme (That's what it was called in the instructions).

All three clones were built with Semroc parts except for the fins which were laser-cut by BMS.

I'll be bringing all three Nike Rams to NARAM-49 along with my 'flight' Enerjet 1340 clone.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Nike Ram #3 Finished.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  14.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nike Ram x3.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  20.9 KB