Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Master Modeler

All rockets have been cleaned and ready for the next launch. Could be awhile, since I still have quite a few that I have not launched yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Master Modeler

VERY, VERY, VERY COOL!!! Gorgeous models that actually fly!

WELL DONE!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Master Modeler

Rokitflite, I was amazed at the performances of these rockets. A couple of them it was their second time out with great success. I am a amateur rocketeer so I did no modifications to these kits and they flew real nice. These are about 1/3 of my collection so I will try to schedule another day to fly the rest of them. The only 2 rockets I don't want to fly is the Tomcat and Maxi X-Wing. I am having a bear of a time trimming the Tomcat and I don't think the X-Wing would last one landing. Who knows I may change my mind someday. The only slight damage I noticed when cleaning was some scratches to the decals. These are old decals coated with Microsol decal products. I thought that would be enough to protect from scratches, but I guess I am wrong. I think I will try Future floor polish. I have used Future in the past to apply decals that would not stick, I think now I will also coat the decal sheet before removing them.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
All rockets have been cleaned and ready for the next launch. Could be awhile, since I still have quite a few that I have not launched yet.

I get a kick out of this picture. Back in 1977 I actually thought the Condor was a "BIG" rocket.
Loved the launch pics.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:

After the move south, I wondered what happened to my rockets..........??????????
Old 10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Hooked Badly

Quote:
My poor girlfriend had a hard time trying to get the perfect shots of the rockets taking off.

But you're right, she got an awesome shot of your Interceptor landing. Kudos.

Nice looking fleet btw.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM
German Model Rocket Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus
But you're right, she got an awesome shot of your Interceptor landing. Kudos.

Indeed!

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino
Old 10-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Master Modeler

We have the Canon SLR camera with stock lens. How big of lens do we need to take better pictures when the rocket is coming back to earth? Also she tilted the camera to take taller pictures since rockets are taller than they are wide. When I downloaded the pictures to my computer they were all sideways. I had to rotate the pictures up right and everything seemed to shrink. Is there any way around this or do we just have to take pictures without tilting it up? Thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
I had to rotate the pictures up right and everything seemed to shrink. Is there any way around this or do we just have to take pictures without tilting it up? Thanks
What tool did you use to do the rotation? You should be able to rotate them in a lossless manner. It could be that the displayed thumbnails look smaller but the source pic is still full sized.

Anyway, I just use Windows Explorer to rotate them. I have several other tools for manipulating pics, but for the rotation just after camera dump, I use WE.

You may need to right click in the white space of the folder and select properties to configure the folder for viewing pics.

HTH.

Doug

YORF member #11