Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2021, 12:54 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman
What would the chances of being able to park my 18 wheeler near by Randy's shop?

Well, it's located in an industrial area, so it isn't out of the question. I wouldn't call it the hood, it's actually fairly quiet with a straight shot back to I-75, but parking might be an issue. Plenty of fairly open space, but I'm not sure who owns it and who might object to you parking on it.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/eRockets/@39.7747834,-84.1450407,190m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8840839af33a796f:0xa81b8 6968723e3a!8m2!3d39.7746978!4d-84.1443196
Not sure if this will translate or not, but it's a Google Maps overhead of the immediate area.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark
Old 12-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Dazed and Confused

If you could unhook and get it down to 10 wheels you should be ok. Just a matter of if and where you could safely park the trailer for an hour or so.

I know little trailer theft is big around here. They pick a residence with a trailer, hook it up and load it with whatever they can fit on it. It helps fund their meth and fentanyl/heroin hobbies.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:49 AM
Where'd it go?

Hah!

We met Bill in 2013 (?) at NARAM; the one with the infamous rocket drowning pond...

My friend Deb used up a Quest bulk pack that week.

Bob

NAR# 54643 L-1

SAM# 043

AMA# 157091

VRCS# 154

A&P# 42x xx xxxx.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Master Modeler

Found this place while visiting a former friend in 2019.(Armpit)
I was impressed and overwhelmed.
Need I say more?
Old 12-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Thanks everyone for help about parking my rig near erockets. I've looked at Google maps satellite overhead images in the past and shows it's very close to I-75, maybe I'll just park at the nearest truck stop and rent a car to go there. Yes, I've delivered in all 48.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:10 PM
7/21/61

I was just at eRockets on Saturday. For the couple of hours you would be there I honestly don't think there would be a problem parking your rig on the street. But why don't you drop Randy a note or give him a call and ask. As others have indicated, it is a very industrial area and one of his neighbors might be fine with you pulling into their parking area for a couple of hours.

But be forewarned, you will probably leave eRockets with quite a bit less cash than you had when you walked in, LOL.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
I was just at eRockets on Saturday. For the couple of hours you would be there I honestly don't think there would be a problem parking your rig on the street. But why don't you drop Randy a note or give him a call and ask. As others have indicated, it is a very industrial area and one of his neighbors might be fine with you pulling into their parking area for a couple of hours.

But be forewarned, you will probably leave eRockets with quite a bit less cash than you had when you walked in, LOL.

Thanks Gus, I had always planned on contacting Randy before being there, I just need to know myself if I'll be near there. It's one thing to drive a car out of the way, but that's way cheaper than my rig out of the way... especially the way fuel prices are lately. Sometimes timing for deliveries and pick ups don't allow for extra time. It's been a few months since I went through Dayton though, usually through Fort Wayne or days along I-80.

I'm fully prepared to drop a few Benjamin's if I manage to get to erockets. Lol