Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cheapo
OMG!!!!! I can't believe you just meshed Paul MacCartney and the Wings with rocket planes. Is there something wrong with you? Perhaps there is something wrong with me in that I picked up on it without hesitation...lol

snip.

I know that was really sick but this is YORF and not the Care Bear Forum. And Ye Olde Paul just married a really hot 51 year old youngster, who I hear is Bab Walter's cousin, with a new nose and some dental work of course. Look what he gets for filling the world with silly love songs! There is nothin' wrong with that!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Craftsman

I just talked to Angelo and scored some kits (without the plastic nose cones though). The important thing is the k its! I didn't toast the nose cone on the Sukhoi - just a little dent. I can sand it out. Angelo needs interest in the kits/nose cones to make a production run and it's not cheap. Like any other niche hobby, the manufacturers need their customers to raise their voices. (I also fly stunt kites and THERE'S a niche hobby. A lot of one man operations for the pricey, upscale, boutique kites).

I'll check out the other models to see if I can find some nose cones.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunward
you would have to get a very old kit as the new ones now have a balsa nose cone.

What has happened to all those Sunward kits I loved so much on EBay auctions? Especially those ones from Uncle Mike! Gosh, you might think we are in good economic times here! So glad I got ‘em when the gettin’ was good.

Well, thanks Uncle Mike as I am going to launch the King Tut Pyramid and the Mercury Lander in front of another bunch of clamoring scouts on Saturday, maybe I should bring out the camo Maverick to really get them going on Sunward kits.

Reminds me of the scene in Monty Python’s “The Meaning of Life – Part V - Live Organ Transplants” where she says: “All for the good of the country, that is what he used to say… all for the good of the country.”
Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdros
I just talked to Angelo and scored some kits (without the plastic nose cones though). The important thing is the k its! I didn't toast the nose cone on the Sukhoi - just a little dent. I can sand it out. Angelo needs interest in the kits/nose cones to make a production run and it's not cheap. Like any other niche hobby, the manufacturers need their customers to raise their voices. (I also fly stunt kites and THERE'S a niche hobby. A lot of one man operations for the pricey, upscale, boutique kites).

I'll check out the other models to see if I can find some nose cones.

Good show old man! A small dent - just a flesh wound - I've had worse! Sand it out, couple up a new tube, a new paint job and in the air again. Nothing can stop you now.

Hard to tell about demand these days. We are economically in a crisis of demand not unlike the Great Depression, and that effects even our beloved rocket kits. There is a lot of interest in certain kits when I fly them at the club, but that is only a few BARs and kids at one launch where they see a SU-47 fly straight even with the forward swept wings.

I guess as a committed capitalist I just hope the self-interest of a few elite bankers in the US and Europe will find a way to get me off the couch and back to buying kits again.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil ed
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Good to be on Ye Olde Farts Forum; where the bellies get bigger and the wallets get smaller.

It is amazing that the rear fins on the D-Fox are almost exactly the same size a plastic model F-4. Just a tiny snip was all that was needed. Sure the F-4 Bi-Centennial decals were a bit old and in the sale bin at the LHS, but they found a loving home and now can fly and bee free. And for those who remember being at an airshow in '76, getting the spirit again when they see the old school paint scheme on a rocket makes it worth all the work.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Rocket Huckster

If the OP had posted this in the vendor section I wouldnt have answered. Sorry dude this is the swap area, I have just as much right to post in this thread as you do. SO get the wedgie out of your panties and deal with it. If it bothers you so much you should have answered with a link in the vendors section about this thread.

Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 10-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyisabar
I know that was really sick but this is YORF and not the Care Bear Forum.

Amen to that brother
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdros
I'm looking for a Sukhoi and/or a Desert Fox. My preference is for the Sukhoi. It seems that Sunward doesn't make them anymore and I'm having trouble finding one online. Can anyone help?

I donated one of the Sunward fighter plane kits to the auction at NARAM this past summer and was disappointed it did not sell for more than it did; somebody got a really good deal on it. I'll have to go look it up to see which one it was. It was new enough to have the 24mm motor mount option and old enough to have the plastic cockpit nose cone. I have another just like it that I was thinking about donating next year. I also have some extra loose cones purchased back when they sold them for parts.

You did not say what part of the country you are; I would much rather do a trade than a sell.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
I know that was really sick but this is YORF and not the Care Bear Forum. And Ye Olde Paul just married a really hot 51 year old youngster, who I hear is Bab Walter's cousin, with a new nose and some dental work of course. Look what he gets for filling the world with silly love songs! There is nothin' wrong with that!

The honeymoon's over, he's already complaining that she spends twice as much on shoes as the previous wife.

Follow us on Facebook

Even the best of friends cannot attend each others' funeral.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
BAR

Quote:
I know that was really sick but this is YORF and not the Care Bear Forum. !

Since you went there (and amen to that BTW!!) here's a couple I couldn't pass up... too good to rot on the hard drive... LOL

Later! OL JR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  carebearforum.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  118.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  TheNannyForum.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  55.0 KB