Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2023, 08:16 PM
Apollo Nut

Thanks for that update Lee. Sad news certainly. Lost my mother six years ago and at times it still seems likes yesterday.

Prayers of peace and the Lord’s presence around the family.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-09-2023, 07:22 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Thanks for that update Lee. Sad news certainly. Lost my mother six years ago and at times it still seems likes yesterday.

Prayers of peace and the Lord’s presence around the family.

Earl

Hi guys. I'm still out here and we're doing well, all things considered. Mom had been going downhill for a while, so her passing was not a huge shock. The fact that it happened on Christmas was quite the plot twist. I just had her out for an appointment with her orthopedic surgeon the previous Wednesday, and while she wasn't great, she didn't seem to be in any distress. When we arrived at the nursing home on Christmas Day, I was first into the room, and I thought she was gone. Turned out she was asleep, and I couldn't hear her breathing from years of standing too close to the launcher. She eventually woke up, then passed after all of us had gone home. As for rocketry, I made my 2000th flight back in April, then kind of lost interest. I'm waiting for it to come around again because I had several projects started and eventually want to see how they turn out.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 01-09-2023, 10:50 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Hi guys. I'm still out here and we're doing well, all things considered. Mom had been going downhill for a while, so her passing was not a huge shock. The fact that it happened on Christmas was quite the plot twist. I just had her out for an appointment with her orthopedic surgeon the previous Wednesday, and while she wasn't great, she didn't seem to be in any distress. When we arrived at the nursing home on Christmas Day, I was first into the room, and I thought she was gone. Turned out she was asleep, and I couldn't hear her breathing from years of standing too close to the launcher. She eventually woke up, then passed after all of us had gone home. As for rocketry, I made my 2000th flight back in April, then kind of lost interest. I'm waiting for it to come around again because I had several projects started and eventually want to see how they turn out.

Bill-

Again, so sorry for the loss. Whether you see it coming or not, it can certainly be a difficult time. I know you have walked this path before with your Dad not all that many years ago as I recall.

The rocketry passion will return in time. But, give yourself the time you need right now, whether you 'think' you need it or not.

Peace be with you and yours. A great reunion awaits one day.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-09-2023, 04:12 PM
Retired Missile Technician

My condolences, Brother Bill. It is never easy to lose a loved one. My mother passed in 1994 as I was getting ready to leave North Coast. Ended up back in Fort Worth, but should have gone back to Central Ohio. We could have flown together.

I still owe you lunch.

Chas
Old 01-10-2023, 07:00 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
My condolences, Brother Bill. It is never easy to lose a loved one. My mother passed in 1994 as I was getting ready to leave North Coast. Ended up back in Fort Worth, but should have gone back to Central Ohio. We could have flown together.

I still owe you lunch.

Chas

Wow, imagine how sick you'd be of me if we'd been flying together for the past 20+ years! Thinking back, lunch was back in 2011. In the past 12 years, consider how much has changed in the world of beer and burgers. I'm guessing that Quatman's has greatly expanded the beer side of their menu. Maria and I have talked about meeting friends who live near there, but we've never quite made it back. Pity. Maybe 2023 will get us back up that way. Cousin Mary has suggested another burger place close to them called Lucy's, and we're all getting to the age where we don't have kids to tote around anymore, so we might actually be getting more social as things warm up.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 01-10-2023, 07:57 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Condolences, Bill.
So sorry for your loss.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !