Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Craftsman

Default Sunward Sukhoi SU47 or Desert Fox

I'm looking for a Sukhoi and/or a Desert Fox. My preference is for the Sukhoi. It seems that Sunward doesn't make them anymore and I'm having trouble finding one online. Can anyone help?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Rocket Dad

I've got an unopened SU-47 but not quite ready to turn it loose. Try Red Arrow Hobbies . It looks like they have what you want. If you feel the need to send a Finder's Fee, I wouldn't turn down a Liberator
Old 10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Craftsman

I tried Red Arrow and they're checking with their distributor. The 'no's are Uncle Mike's, BRS Hobbies, and Al's Hobbies. Elemental Scientific and Island Oddities are checking too. The Sukhoi is the only Sunward that I have and I want to build another after lawn darting the one I have. I trimmed the body tube but the nose took some damage.

I don't have anything to trade except cash. Any chance?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Rocket Dad

Nah, I'm kind of partial. What are you needing to clone or repair, the nose cone? I know some fellas have used model aircraft canopies. I know for a fact I saw some canopies at Hobby Lobby for pinewood derby cars that could be used. I sure wouldn't know the difference.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Craftsman

I'm fussy. I want to make another one and give it a different paint job to go with the decals better. I'm thinking a nice tan color with red trim would look better than the black and red. I also want to get the decals and use a bigger engine mount for the D engines.

I cleaned it up and it WILL work but it's not pristine anymore. I really like the rocket and I'd love to get another!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

If Angelo has those kits listed as OOP, maybe he'd allow me to put the plans/templates/decals scans up on YORP for others to clone them for their own use. Angelo, if you read this, let me know your thoughts on this.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Craftsman

Those tough old nose cones and kits have been OOP for two years or so. The nose cones can be found on a number of cheaper old 3FNC kits, just give them a light sand so the primer will stick. The kits were real cheap on Ebay - $10-$15 on auction after they went OOP, but I think they are bringing a bit more now. Haven't seen much old stock left over on vendor sites either, and no more sale pricing. Use the 24mm mount and put some nose weight in for Pete's sake - otherwise it will just contribute to their bad reputation, especially among first time fliers.

Built and flown all but the Ice Storm and with a modicum of nose weight they are great fliers. I usually use a D-12-5 for a little glide, the bigger Fox and SU can fly on a 3 second delay too. Put in an E-15 or and F-12 and have some real fun. Great to use old aircraft decals and paint schemes on. The Mirage has the greatest tendency to go horizontal and the Maverick painted up like the Mig 27 in camo is the kids favorite. I used some old Bi-Centennial Marine F-4 decals on the Fox with a 2 toned white grey paint job and it just brings smiles to all the old farts when I pull it out. I used left over, yellow Estes engine spacers for some cosmetic motor mods on the SU and Phoenix with their big paper shrouds, with out sacrificing any flight performance.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Master Modeler

I know if these kits came out again I would order everyone of them. We don't need the nose cone with the cockpit on them. I'm sure we could use something to replace them with.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
At mad scientist basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdros
I'm looking for a Sukhoi and/or a Desert Fox. My preference is for the Sukhoi. It seems that Sunward doesn't make them anymore and I'm having trouble finding one online. Can anyone help?

Depending on the kit, I may have everything except for the plastic nose cone. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
If Angelo has those kits listed as OOP, maybe he'd allow me to put the plans/templates/decals scans up on YORP for others to clone them for their own use. Angelo, if you read this, let me know your thoughts on this.

No. They are coming back.
www.sunwardhobbies.ca
info@sunward1.com
CAR S573 L2 TRA 11312 L1 NAR 87131
www.facebook.com/sunwardrockets
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Craftsman

I'd ABSOLUTELY be interested! Gosh! For starters, I'd go for 2 Sukhois and a Desert Fox! I have to check out the others that were available but I wanted to get this posted now!