Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2021, 12:19 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

"Bagger Dave's" is another RIPOFF supposed gourmet burger chain we have in my area.
Not worth half what they charge for a mediocre dried out burger.
Red Robin is just as ABSURD.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-19-2021, 12:40 AM
I do not like Facebook

If you go through there, In-N-Out now has locations in Colorado.

It will not do you any good but Whataburger plans to open one in Colorado Springs by the end of the year. They have locations in Arizona and New Mexico if you should return back that way.

If you go to Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas or Barstow, try a chili burger at Tommy's; I think they are better than the other two.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 07-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Aggressor Aerospace

If you come to Colorado, try Smashburger. I believe it is a local chain, and the quality is excellent! Costs a bit more than In-N-Out, but totally worth it, IMO.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:26 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognbuff
If you come to Colorado, try Smashburger. I believe it is a local chain, and the quality is excellent! Costs a bit more than In-N-Out, but totally worth it, IMO.

We have them in Kentucky. Hit and miss quality. The Smash fries are excellent. My wife suggested it last night for dinner after we wore ourselves out working on the patio. We wound up getting wings instead.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 07-19-2021, 09:01 AM

We have Smashburger here in Michigan also...Meh..

Old 07-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
We have them in Kentucky. Hit and miss quality. The Smash fries are excellent. My wife suggested it last night for dinner after we wore ourselves out working on the patio. We wound up getting wings instead.

Same reaction for the Smashburgers here. Quality is hit or miss. We have two in Fort Collins. One is hit or miss, the new location does seem better. Their fries are excellent.we do not do Five Guys anymore. The prices are absurd, and I have never really been a fan of their fries.

The best burger place here is Culvers. And they have great fries. We always bring home the 4-pack of frozen custard. Pricey? Maybe. But I’ll gladly pay for consistent quality, friendly service, and really clean stores. Oh, and they offer senior discount!

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp

Last edited by LeeR : 07-19-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:17 AM

Culvers is decent. We have those every 5 miles around here.
Quality is FAR above the average fast-food burger and the small price above those is justified.
The one complaint I have about them is toasting the buns. I hate that and sometimes I forget to tell them not to RUIN the bun by toasting.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:38 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Same reaction for the Smashburgers here. Quality is hit or miss. We have two in Fort Collins. One is hit or miss, the new location is seems better. Their fries are excellent.we do not do Five Guys anymore. The prices are absurd, and I have never really been a fan of their fries.

The best burger place here is Culvers. And they have great fries. We always bring home the 4-pack of frozen custard. Pricey? Maybe. But I’ll gladly pay for consistent quality, friendly service, and really clean stores. Oh, and they offer senior discount!

My son and I went to Five Guys back before they closed. They served us fries that were old and had been heated back up by re-dunking them in the hot oil. All that did was make them hot and greasy. We never went back. My wife and I were up in Pennsylvania once and desperate for something for lunch. We ate at a Five Guys because they had outdoor seating and it was a beautiful day. The food was killer. Hit or miss, like a lot of other places unfortunately.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 07-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

I am not sure if its a national chain, but we have a place called BJ’s Brewhouse. A few years ago it was pretty decent. Big variety on the menu, decent in-house beers. I tend to do burgers and fries at these “pub”-type restaurants. A couple weeks ago we went there on a Friday evening. Parking lot was not very crowded. That should have been a major red flag.

The waitress was great, but our food took a long time, and burgers were well done. We had ordered them medium. My fries probably had be reheated. Incredibly greasy, and soggy/limp. I asked the waitress to send the manager. I told him that his restaurant is a high-end place for burgers, and when I pay a premium price, I expect premium food. He offered to comp us for meal, even before apologizing! I guess he had heard plenty from customers. I tipped the waitress decently, it was not her fault.

We walked out and will not return. Not unless I hear it has changed management, and has drastically improved. These places deserve to close if they cannot offer quality food.

I’ll contrast this a new place I went to in Denver. Bubba’s 33. Same type of place, owned by Texas Roadhouse. Great food, great service. Waitress asked ifwe had eaten there before. I said no. Manager came out, welcomed us, gave me a “new customer” stack of info, including coupon for next visit. That is how to run a restaurant. Our Texas Roadhouse has great food and service. Interestingly, our Outback closed this year. Some places just don’t get it, while places like Texas Roadhouse pay attention to details, listen to customers.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp

Last edited by LeeR : 07-19-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:28 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I am not sure if its a national chain, but we have a place called BJ’s Brewhouse. A few years ago it was pretty decent. Big variety on the menu, decent in-house beers. I tend to do burgers and fries at these “pub”-type restaurants. A couple weeks ago we went there on a Friday evening. Parking lot was not very crowded. That should have been a major red flag.

The waitress was great, but our food took a long time, and burgers were well done. We had ordered them medium. My fries probably had be reheated. Incredibly greasy, and soggy/limp. I asked the waitress to send the manager. I told him that his restaurant is a high-end place for burgers, and when I pay a premium price, I expect premium food. He offered to comp us for meal, even before apologizing! I guess he had heard plenty from customers. I tipped the waitress decently, it was not her fault.

We walked out and will not return. Not unless I hear it has changed management, and has drastically improved. These places deserve to close if they cannot offer quality food.

I’ll contrast this a new place I went to in Denver. Bubba’s 33. Same type of place, owned by Texas Roadhouse. Great food, great service. Waitress asked ifwe had eaten there before. I said no. Manager came out, welcomed us, gave me a “new customer” stack of info, including coupon for next visit. That is how to run a restaurant. Our Texas Roadhouse has great food and service. Interestingly, our Outback closed this year. Some places just don’t get it, while places like Te as Roadhouse pay attention to details, listen to customers.

When we were out in LA visiting our daughter, she offered to take us out to dinner one night. Imagine our surprise when it turned out to be BJ's Brewhouse, which we have in Florence. I explained the idea of "trying new things" to her. She's upped her game since then.

I miss being SAM 0058