Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2020, 10:31 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I STILL want one of those tan hats with the embroidered Enerjet logo.
Actually want FIVE of them.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-12-2020, 11:49 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
... today I found "The Hat"

Quick questions. All the Enerjet decals I've seen have a red "jet". Your hat looks like it's light orange on my screen. Is it actually a light orange color? If so, is it faded or was it always that color?
Old 05-13-2020, 05:42 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Oh, that is a nice hat! I have a black NASA hat I got at KSC in he late 80s that has the NASA worm logo embroidered in gold across the front. I use it to clip all my shuttle mission pins and such to. It has collected a number of them over the years.

I got my Tripoli 25 year pin about five years ago, but have never put it on my hat. I need to find it and put it on there.

I like the Enerjet look!

Earl

Well, I'm ashamed to say I don't have a NASA hat. For as many times as I've been to the Johnson and Marshall Space Flight Centers you would think I could have bought one in the gift shop.
Same here ... I've had my 25 year pin a few years now too. When I got sick I had to let the Tripoli membership lapse but I am still keeping my NAR membership current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I STILL want one of those tan hats with the embroidered Enerjet logo.
Actually want FIVE of them.

GH the Enerjet hat is just like the Enerjet kits ... OOP
The fact that you want FIVE of them shows you have signs of the same condition that many of us on YORF are trying to cope with ... Rocket Hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Quick questions. All the Enerjet decals I've seen have a red "jet". Your hat looks like it's light orange on my screen. Is it actually a light orange color? If so, is it faded or was it always that color?

The "jet" in Enerjet embroidered on the hat is actually orange in color. That is how these were made. Check out Bob Sanford's post with pictures of Lee Piester and Carl McLawhorn at NARAM-48 in Arizona.
Lee is wearing "The Hat".

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/show...34&postcount=10

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 05-13-2020, 08:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Cool. Do we know the origin of these hats? Are they NOS from Centuri/Enerjet or did somebody make a few of them recently?
Old 05-13-2020, 09:12 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Cool. Do we know the origin of these hats? Are they NOS from Centuri/Enerjet or did somebody make a few of them recently?

A friend of mine had a small production run of these Enerjet caps made and he gave them out to friends at NARAM-48 in Arizona.
I was unable to attend so he sent a cap to me when he returned home from the launch.

The caps are Port Authority and very well made. I have worn mine to every launch that I have attended since I’ve owned it. It’s now standard launch attire for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  41654DE8-11AC-42B6-85D1-449864B25581.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  443.4 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 05-13-2020, 10:08 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
Steve, thank you for your kind words. I too miss Carl and SEMROC. I have very few items related to the company now. I'm still living in our house but in Nov. '18 around 11:30pm, I had a fire in the basement (where the production of SEMROC was located) and most of the mementos were kept down there. The house had to be gutted, leaving the studs and roof. I was home at the time and was able to get my 2 babies (dogs) out.
Miss Sheryl,

I think of you every so often and pray for you when I do. I figure all of us can use all the help we can get.

Cheers,

--Jay
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 05-14-2020, 04:30 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Miss Sheryl,

I think of you every so often and pray for you when I do. I figure all of us can use all the help we can get.

Cheers,

--Jay

Thank you, Jay. You are so right, especially the way things are at this time in our country. I truly miss all our rocketry friends.

Take care,
Sheryl
Old 05-18-2020, 11:44 PM
Rocketaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
... today I found "The Hat"

The hat looks in good condition
Old 05-19-2020, 05:43 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketaholic
The hat looks in good condition

That hat is in better shape than I am!
I should buy a display case for it ...
SAM# 0052

Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 PM
The_Ripper

A while ago after checking out the Nike-Ram twins by MarkB in his COVID-19 Quarantine Projects? thread

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/show...07&postcount=64

I went on a hunt for my SAM badge and Sky of Gold stuff to post in the other thread but instead I ran across custom Semroc parts to build several more Nike-Ram rockets in the bottom of a bin ...

Although the Semroc SLS Nike-Ram never existed as a kit that didn't stop Carl and Sheryl from helping a rocket brother out!

I didn't want to use ST-13 tubing. I wanted to use the same LT-125 tubing like the 1340's I built and the smaller Semroc SLS kits. I have several nose cones. Semroc didn't offer the BC-1327 Bezier shape balsa cones to fit LT-125 tubing and I wanted something strong and a little heavier so Sandman turned me a few in solid basswood. I have two of those left and an original PNC-132 Centuri cone that I was originally going to adapt to LT-125 with a short piece of LT-115 for the shoulder [Thanks! SEL for the PNC-132]. Carl and Sheryl provided the lower airframes in LT-125 with the slots pre-cut ... same as the lower airframes on the SLS Jaguar, Lil' Hustler, Scorpion and Sky Hook kits. The fin sets are Semroc Laser-Cut Basswood [not balsa] and have the tabs to fit perfectly in the slotted tubes.

The decal sheets also came from Sandman.

Truly one of a kind Nike-Ram parts kits and a pleasant reminder of just how much Carl and Sheryl were helpful with providing all of us with parts for our really special projects!

[Oh, and I still haven't been able to locate my SAM badge ... but I will]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  SLS Nike-Ram Carl Parts.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  910.8 KB  
SAM# 0052