Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking Red Arrow Hobbies

Just wondering how long a typical Red Arrow Hobbies shipment takes to arrive on the West Coast.

Anybody?

(I've gotten spoiled with Semroc's e-mails about, "Your order is In Process/Ready to Ship/Shipped." )

So, I'm just wondering, but I picked Dave McVeigh at R.A.H. because I could pay directly from my PayPal account...

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Dave at Red Arrow holds my personal record for fast shipping.

I won one of his Ebay auctions at 4:00 PM one day, he knew it was me who won, he had my credit card number on file, and shipped the item right out, I recieved it the next day at 1:00PM.

21 hours! Fastest shipping ever!

My guess is 3 to 5 days to the west coast.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 04-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I`ve ordered from RAH several times and my stuff is usually at my door in 8-10 business days.....and I live in CANADA .There is also customs to consider when I order from the US ,so he does OK by me.

Paul
Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Just wondering how long a typical Red Arrow Hobbies shipment takes to arrive on the West Coast.

Anybody?

(I've gotten spoiled with Semroc's e-mails about, "Your order is In Process/Ready to Ship/Shipped." )

So, I'm just wondering, but I picked Dave McVeigh at R.A.H. because I could pay directly from my PayPal account...

Cheers,

Keep in mind one thing. He just acquired CJS Aviation so he may be a bit swamped trying to get kits out.

He doesn't have a large staff to help him...I think he has one guy that comes in once in a while.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Junior Rocketeer

hate to reactivate a month old thread - but has anybody ordered from red arrow recently? been 10 days and nothing other than the you have been charged e-mail from paypal - sent an e-mail yesterday but havent heard anything yet

Steve
Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 AM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevef
hate to reactivate a month old thread - but has anybody ordered from red arrow recently? been 10 days and nothing other than the you have been charged e-mail from paypal - sent an e-mail yesterday but havent heard anything yet

Steve

I just had one take around three weeks. It showed up the day after I emailed him asking about it. I might have inquired earlier but I wasn't in a big hurry for the parts.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Junior Rocketeer

thanks - guess I wont worry for several more days then
Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Craftsman

I got a LOC Starburst from him Yesterday (Tuesday). He sent it out Monday. But he had to order the kit so that slowed the process down a week.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Another satisfied customer!

Here's the recap of my transaction.

Thur. April 22nd -- Placed order online

Wed. May 5th -- Called Dave directly, had a nice conversation with him. He said his parachute inventory was low, so he had to place an order and wait for it to arrive. Dave said his order had just gotten in the previous Saturday (May 1st), and he'd sent it out Monday, May 3rd.

Mon. May 10th -- My order arrived in good condition, and exactly the colors that I ordered.

Overall, I was very pleased to do business with Dave McVeigh at Red Arrow Hobbies, and would be more than willing to do so again.

As mentioned elsewhere, Dave isn't using Carl McLawhorn's "filling your order before you place it technology," but just from the brief telephone conversation I had with him, I think he's good people, and I won't hesitate to place another order with him.

Now I just need to get my PayPal account balance back up again so I can do that...

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 05-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Junior Rocketeer

thanks - been two weeks since i ordered something - sent an e-mail a few days ago and no response yet - guess I will try calling tues or wed - doubt he will be in sat or mon - dont mind slow but response to an e-mail would be nice reassurance - havent heard anything bad so that is why I ordered from him