Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Pickin' and launching.

Thanks all for talking up the square kits. Especially thanks to Steve, Bernard and others who have enjoyed the kits. It literally started from my kids 7th grade science fair project. I thought it would just be fun to do something different and it has been very fun. I’ve had the opportunity to meet and get to know so many great people in the rocket community that I might not have otherwise. For the guys that don’t like the square rockets, I get it. They are not everyone’s cup of tea and I have no problem with that. I love round rockets as well and have hundreds of them.

I can’t even make round kits if I wanted to because of all the different technology it takes to make round kits. Along with being different, I thought about what else I could do to make the kits the best I could and be something I myself would feel good about buying. That’s how the extras came about.

The last 2 years I’ve had major eye problems with both of my retinas detaching requiring surgery. During this time I haven’t been able to work consistently, thus pushing the rocket business to the side. I have some vision now and I’m working on rebuilding NewWay.

Now that my kid, who was the inspiration for the square rocket kits, has grown up and is an aeronautical engineer, he’s helping me out and pushing me towards new technology like 3D printing and getting our own laser cutter.

I certainly plan on having some of the kits that I haven’t had in stock for a while back in stock. Besides my eyes, The laser cutter I’ve been using I no longer have access to. This makes my output of kits much slower. I’m working on it. Randy at eRockets has been a big supporter of mine and he will have kits as I get them made. I hope that those that have tried the square kits have enjoyed them, as I will continue to enjoy making them.

Also, I’m continuing to do testing on the Saturn IV. I had hoped to have it done by now but, plans don’t always work out.
NAR #28062, ROCI Section #625
http://www.newwayspacemodels.com
http://www.indyrockets.org
NewWay Space Models-We Cornered Model Rocketry
Old 01-18-2020, 02:43 PM
Sometimes collector

I am so sorry to hear about eye trouble and so glad your vision is improving. I have enjoyed building your kits and appreciate the effort that goes into all the little details!
Old 01-18-2020, 03:00 PM
Master Modeler

Good hearing from you Rick. Looking forward to seeing more of your rockets available in the future. I may be able to get the ones I miss out on the first time around. Keep working on that Saturn IV I'm in for a couple when they appear.

A real challenge would be If you could come up with a Saturn 1b or in your case a Saturn 1S.
Good luck in the future.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:12 PM
Avid Builder

Nice hearing from you.
Best wishes for your continued improving health.
BTW ever thought about a two stager?
Old 01-18-2020, 08:21 PM
Pickin' and launching.

I’ve done two 2 stage kits, the 2x4 and the Vigilangle. Both are 24mm to 18 mm. The 2x4 should be available at eRockets. I’m in development on another 2 stage kit, also 24mm to 18mm, they need the extra oomph on the first stage.
NAR #28062, ROCI Section #625
http://www.newwayspacemodels.com
http://www.indyrockets.org
NewWay Space Models-We Cornered Model Rocketry
Old 01-18-2020, 10:09 PM
BAR 13790

Sorry to hear about your eye problems.

I love your kits. I've built your Higgs Farm, Nike Smoke 2, Sky fighter, Sky Spike, and Square in the Air

In my build pile is the 2x4, Geometric, Skyrise, Starship Deceptor, and Too Square

Hopefully you'll get more new ones out!
Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 AM
Craftsman

Send a message via ICQ to Swillie

Having just discovered these square models exist, I am immediately excited to build one. I am really wanting to find one in particular... NWY-22 Squareros, based on the Estes Teros rocket which I have wanted. If anyone has a bead on where I could find one I would appreciate it very much. Maybe there is a chance Rick will re-release this kit, please please!!

Steve
Old 04-18-2023, 03:22 PM
Master Modeler

Man, I was so hoping that NEWWAY had released the square Saturn 4.

OK, I'll keep waiting and hope it is in the near future.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:51 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk

Thank you for the link. Have you ordered from erockets recently? I really want to order that kit… I ask because a few years ago I actually placed an order for it and for whatever reason it never shipped and I was getting no response to email inquiries and I ended up cancelling payment. I felt bad about it and wondered if there was a medical emergency or the site was no longer in business. I still would like to order the kit again.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:21 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk
I have never had any problems ordering from eRockets. I would recommend you Contact Randy Boadway at
erockets@rocketmail.com to confirm they have the rocket kit you want if you think you’re going to have any problems again.

I placed an order and already have a tracking number, woohoo so glad to have one of these headed my way!