Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2021, 02:58 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I tried multiple episodes.
Totally awful.
Lousy actors, lousy production quality.
The vast majority of shows that do not have at least one major well-known "name" actor STINK. If they can't get one on-board it is of generally two reasons; the material STINKS or is loaded with "no-bodys". ST:TNG was the last show loaded with no-name actors that was actually worth a hoot. The first season of ST:TNG was so bad it's barely watchable.
If no major network is not on-board IT IS GARBAGE; they are all about making $$ which equals required viewership.

I don't buy rocket or R/C kits from Hashimoto Robster Craw Aircraft Factory, Inc either....

Well, I don't know if I'd go THAT far... I've been watching some of the fan-films on YT relating to Star Trek (and some SW stuff) and actually a LOT of them are FAR FAR and AWAY better than ANY of the absolute stinking rotten maggot-infested dog-sh!t that is coming out of CBS/Paramount now... *PUKE*.

I don't know all the 'back story' on DS9/B5... I know they pitched it to Paramount and they didn't pick it up, and that Ira Stephen Behr and Rick Berman were pitching their own idea for a new Trek series on a space station since they wanted to do "darker" stories than they could do on the "idealized" TNG which was supposed to be the epitome of Federation society... they needed to be "out on the frontier" and dealing with a lot of aliens with "rougher edges" that could allow more character conflict than was possible on TNG... And having the "aliens coming to them" on the space station was thought to be a cheaper way to do a series than flying through space to different planets every week.

Anyway, DS9 got too "dark and gritty" for me about halfway through its run, so I quit watching it. It was only a few years ago when Keira was younger and we watched EVERY ST series IN ORDER from the original through "Enterprise" that I saw them all. Likewise, I watched the first season or two of Voyager in first run but then lost interest-- I think I had overall "Trek burnout" at that time. Never watched "Enterprise but a few stray episodes here and there or parts of one in its first run either. Never was a fan of the "dark and gritty" stuff; Star Trek was always to me about becoming better than you were, learning something along the way, and figuring out how to get along with others in a better way... having the characters constantly at each other's throats wasn't what I wanted to see from Star Trek... If I wanted to watch that, I'd watch "Dallas"-- they did it far more entertainingly LOL

Later! OL J R