Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Carl@Semroc's Avatar
Carl@Semroc Carl@Semroc is offline
Junior ??? Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knightdale, NC
Posts: 1,470
Default LAUNCH Missile online now!

The LAUNCH Missile (production version) is online now. About 25 have serial numbers.
__________________
Carl McLawhorn
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 PM
chanstevens's Avatar
chanstevens chanstevens is offline
Rocket buildin' machine
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
The LAUNCH Missile (production version) is online now. About 25 have serial numbers.


Dang, I noticed them available last night but figured they would not be numbered, so didn't order one.

Are these packaged any differently than the original batch? I want to build one sometime soon, but hate to break into a collectible one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Carl@Semroc's Avatar
Carl@Semroc Carl@Semroc is offline
Junior ??? Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knightdale, NC
Posts: 1,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Dang, I noticed them available last night but figured they would not be numbered, so didn't order one.

Are these packaged any differently than the original batch? I want to build one sometime soon, but hate to break into a collectible one.
Sheryl sneaked them online without even telling ME!

They do have the blue headers. The first 300 did not.
__________________
Carl McLawhorn
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
chanstevens's Avatar
chanstevens chanstevens is offline
Rocket buildin' machine
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Sheryl sneaked them online without even telling ME!

They do have the blue headers. The first 300 did not.


Hey, I'm just checking your site out every hour or so waiting for the Saturn V to come out. Thank goodness I'm about to lose my job (our plant shuts down next month) so I can make sure that one doesn't slip past me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Carl@Semroc's Avatar
Carl@Semroc Carl@Semroc is offline
Junior ??? Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knightdale, NC
Posts: 1,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Hey, I'm just checking your site out every hour or so waiting for the Saturn V to come out. Thank goodness I'm about to lose my job (our plant shuts down next month) so I can make sure that one doesn't slip past me.
It is not ready yet!

I am going to start a new thread soon about the SatV. I am going to send about 10 pre-production kits out to people that can give me quick feedback.

The reason this is time sensitive is the upcoming 40th anniversary. There is a buzz about 40 for the 40th.
__________________
Carl McLawhorn
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
dwmzmm's Avatar
dwmzmm dwmzmm is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 2,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
It is not ready yet!

I am going to start a new thread soon about the SatV. I am going to send about 10 pre-production kits out to people that can give me quick feedback.

The reason this is time sensitive is the upcoming 40th anniversary. There is a buzz about 40 for the 40th.


Who are you sending them to? I'm sort of "burned out" after back to back Skill Level - 5
builds the past few months (Estes K-29 Saturn 1-B and the Noris 1/60 scale Vostok upgraded). Well, I suppose I could kick myself back into gear if I have to.....
__________________
Dave, NAR # 21853 SR.
Section Advisor
Old Rocketeers # 724
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Mark II's Avatar
Mark II Mark II is offline
Forest Sprite
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back Up in the Woods
Posts: 3,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Who are you sending them to? I'm sort of "burned out" after back to back Skill Level - 5
builds the past few months (Estes K-29 Saturn 1-B and the Noris 1/60 scale Vostok upgraded). Well, I suppose I could kick myself back into gear if I have to.....

Well, you know what they say, Dave...

...one good Saturn deserves another!

OK, I'm logging out now...

MarkII
__________________
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic Advice Unsullied by Erudition Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 AM
CPMcGraw's Avatar
CPMcGraw CPMcGraw is offline
BARCLONE Rocketry
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
It is not ready yet!

I am going to start a new thread soon about the SatV. I am going to send about 10 pre-production kits out to people that can give me quick feedback.

The reason this is time sensitive is the upcoming 40th anniversary. There is a buzz about 40 for the 40th.


Ouch!

Carl, I hope that "40 for the 40th" isn't due before July! I don't think any of us could work that quickly! Not and do it justice, that is...

Consider me interested, nonetheless...
__________________
Craig McGraw

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
barone's Avatar
barone barone is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bartlett, TN
Posts: 3,041
Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default

Well, if you weren't too disappointed in my last one, count me in......
__________________
Don
NAR 53455
"Carpe Diem"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
foose4string foose4string is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,019
Default

Carl, I'd be happy to be 1 of 10... if you need. If I know there is a deadline I can usually get stuff done pretty quick. Loads of time to build while the kids are at school and ample room to fly when I step out the back door(provided we don't get saturated with rain like we have been).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2019