Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2021, 07:33 AM
Craftsman

Default Here for a Purpose

As I ponder and pray about all our dearly departed rocketry friends and their family and friends left behind that we have read about and commented about on this forum so many times, the Lord has turned my attention to a song that has been a blessing to me and encourages my heart. It is a song by Jeremy Camp entitled, "Keep me in the Moment": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1bx3hYfzg .

May it be a blessing to you as well, to help guide you to what is really important in life and to what really matters, to make an investment in someone's life every day.

It will be ten years this year since my precious wife has gone home to be with the Lord. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her tremendously, but I know grief is only temporary and joy comes in the morning, because I know I will see her again.

The Lord has me and each of us here for a purpose, to glorify Him. I am thankful and I treasure the moments that we have together, to make good memories that can last a lifetime. Rocketry is enjoyable, but don't let it be your all in all. People are what really matters. Use rocketry to build bridges with people.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Old 03-11-2021, 02:15 AM
Craftsman

One of the cool things that I really like about model rocketry, is that whenever we push that launch button and we are eagerly anticipating the launch, but we may be unsure whether or not the engine will ignite, then suddenly, we get the thrill of seeing that empowered rocket blast off, our sights are quickly driven to the heavens where we fix our gaze and we look intently to track that seemingly small object floating in the sky until it makes its ultimate return to earth. It is a wonderful event...

This experience reminds me of another wonderful event with some amazing similarities, but with far greater potential, in the book of Acts 1:7-11. Jesus's last words to His followers that day were, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

After He had said this, they watched as He was taken up, and a cloud hid Him from their sight. They were looking intently into the sky as He was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.”

In similar fashion, like our model rockets that take to the sky, and their return is imminent, meaning that it is about to happen at any time, Christ's return to earth is imminent to gather His followers and to establish His kingdom forever. I encourage you, while you still can, to seek first Christ's kingdom and His righteousness and He promises that all the other things will be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). May God bless you richly as you trust in Him. I know that He has blessed me much more than I deserve.

With God's help and His Holy Spirit working in you, you can make a difference for good in someone's life today. Let the power of God ignite you to be an uplifting influence. We may not can reach everyone, but we can reach someone. The Lord changed the world with just 12 people who were willing to trust Him and to be used by Him for the glory of God. Everybody has an opportunity, the question is, what will you do with it?

Acts 17:26-28, "...He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being..."

Let me encourage you to abide (live) in Christ. Apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:4-5).

You may ask, why am I telling you all this? Simply, it is because I care about you, and because God loves us even more to send His only begotten Son to die for you and me and to pay the penalty that we deserve for our sins. You can be forgiven. I would be remiss, to go through life and all these wonderful model rocketry experiences that we share together, if I did not share with you my best friend, Jesus, the best news in my life and in all the world. Life is fleeting, so we must make the most of every day.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR

Last edited by Faithwalker : 03-11-2021 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:10 AM
Black Brant & Congreve fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
One of the cool things that I really like about model rocketry, is that whenever we push that launch button and we are eagerly anticipating the launch, but we may be unsure whether or not the engine will ignite, then suddenly, we get the thrill of seeing that empowered rocket blast off, our sights are quickly driven to the heavens where we fix our gaze and we look intently to track that seemingly small object floating in the sky until it makes its ultimate return to earth. It is a wonderful event...
This experience reminds me of another wonderful event with some amazing similarities, but with far greater potential, in the book of Acts 1:7-11...

Thank you so much for sharing this, Jeff. What a great way of linking our common experience with something so absolutely wondrous! Gives me much to ponder and reflect upon in these challenging times.

Was CAR-ACF# S 337
Was NAR# 91049
Was SAM# 0323

Life begins when the countdown reaches zero!
Old 03-13-2021, 01:53 AM
Master Modeler

I'm going flying tomorrow and the parallel with the Ascension is something that I'm sure I'll think of. An intersesting perspective indeed. Thanks for that.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 03-14-2021, 09:42 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse Eh!
Thank you so much for sharing this, Jeff. What a great way of linking our common experience with something so absolutely wondrous! Gives me much to ponder and reflect upon in these challenging times.

You're very welcome! That's what I was hoping for, so that the truth could be told. In fact, I had the great privilege of going to a concert this past Friday evening with a friend to see Matthew West, another inspiring singer/songwriter. One of Matthew West's songs that he sung that night was, "Truth be Told,": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4wYkS8Z3Io

In fact, I learned a truth that Mattew West is actually the songwriter for the song I mentioned earlier by Jeremy Camp, "Keep me in the Moment,": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1bx3hYfzg
Matthew was happy to share this song with his brother in Christ to help get the word out.

Our Creator's desire is for us to draw near to Him and to each other and to build one another up by sharing the truth in love, by being honest with ourselves and with Him. The truth is, we need each other and we need Him most of all. No man or woman is an island by himself or herself.

The honest truth is I'm thankful for all of you, my rocketry brothers and sisters out there. Keep looking up to the skies for our redemption draws near (Luke 21:8-36)!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #45879 SR

Last edited by Faithwalker : 03-14-2021 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:13 AM
Craftsman

Default Easter Blessings!

Happy Easter, everyone! Jesus Christ is risen! May the Lord bless you and your family today and may He fill each of you with faith, hope and love.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR