Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
What's up, GH? New spoon? Too much on topic stuff going on around here so you felt like you had to stir up some s*it or just fantasize about it some more? An 18 month dead thread is the best you can do?
Well, I suppose we could take up a collection for purchasing a ouija board for him (or for securing the services of a shamanic practitioner), because asking ol' Evel would be rather difficult otherwise... :-)
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 03-21-2016, 08:49 AM
TRFugee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Well, I suppose we could take up a collection for purchasing a ouija board for him (or for securing the services of a shamanic practitioner), because asking ol' Evel would be rather difficult otherwise... :-)

Nah. Just wait a year or two. Google is working on an app for that.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:56 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

LOL.
I have been posting too much rocketry-related stuff lately and needed to re-hash some smarminess toward that Evel CLOWN and HAD to start an April Fool's Day PRANKIN' thread.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 03-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
LOL.
I have been posting too much rocketry-related stuff lately and needed to re-hash some smarminess toward that Evel CLOWN and HAD to start an April Fool's Day PRANKIN' thread.
I never met him, but two people I knew who did found Evel to be...different from most folks:

Don Webb, a local television and radio broadcaster in south Florida (he lived on the same block as my late Aunt Jane, in Coconut Grove in Miami) once recounted a game of golf that he played with Evel Knievel. In one of the water traps, some coots (water birds somewhat like ducks) were swimming. As they were playing, Evel kept looking at the coots and wondering out loud if they would make good eating. After a few moments, he said to Don, "I'm gonna shoot some of them!", and then proceeded to pull a sawed-off shotgun out of his golf bag. Don managed to talk Evel out of it, pointing out that discharging a firearm within the Miami city limits was illegal unless it was for self-defense. Also:

A late co-worker of mine, Dorothy Waggoner, met Evel in Whitefish (it might be White Fish), Montana, where she and her brother Harry (also now deceased) ran a dry-cleaning establishment before they moved to Alaska. It was frequented by many celebrities (they knew Jim Nabors and Carol Burnette well) who had/have homes there. Well:

One day when we were working at the parking authority at Fairbanks International Airport, she was telling me stories about the various celebrities they'd met. I asked her about Knievel (recalling his "guaranteed results" hunting guide service in that area that he once got arrested for, because he led his clients into Yellowstone National Park [he claimed he didn't know he'd crossed the park's boundaries, but the judge didn't believe him]). Dorothy's happy countenance changed instantly at the mention of his name, and she shouted, "Evel Knievel was an ARSE!" (but using the American pronunciation of that word instead). Then:

After describing his petty crimes, she mentioned an incident in which Evel had come to pick up clothes that he had dropped off at their store to be dry-cleaned. As he paid Dorothy at the counter, he looked at her expectantly, but she just processed the transaction in a polite, ordinary manner. He turned to leave, but then he stopped, turned to face her again, and then asked her, "Don't you want my autograph?" She replied, "No." Then he asked her, "Do you know who I am?" "Yes," she responded, "And I still don't want your autograph." He let the matter drop and left.
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 03-22-2016, 01:07 AM

Good for her !
he may have been King of the 'spectacle' stuntmen, but he was also the KING of all Douchebags.
Too bad that guy he beat up with the bat did not seek ambush-style physical retribution/vengeance upon him. He desesrved a D-Town (Detroit) style BEET-DOWNN.
In any legitimate dictionary an illustration of the word "Rectum" features a picture of this DIRTBAG.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Good for her !
he may have been King of the 'spectacle' stuntmen, but he was also the KING of all Douchebags.
Too bad that guy he beat up with the bat did not seek ambush-style physical retribution/vengeance upon him. He desesrved a D-Town (Detroit) style BEET-DOWNN.
In any legitimate dictionary an illustration of the word "Rectum" features a picture of this DIRTBAG.
At least that beating cost Evel his lucrative licensing contract for the toys of his motorcycle and Skycycle--that was the beginning of the end of his celebrity career. He was also once arrested when he showed up to be the Grand Marshall of a parade in his home town, because he had multiple outstanding warrants for his arrest. :-)
NAR #54895 SR
Old 03-22-2016, 08:21 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
At least that beating cost Evel his lucrative licensing contract for the toys of his motorcycle and Skycycle--that was the beginning of the end of his celebrity career. He was also once arrested when he showed up to be the Grand Marshall of a parade in his home town, because he had multiple outstanding warrants for his arrest. :-)

Hahahaha.... that's funny right thar...

I like "Super Dave" Osbourne better anyway... LOL

OL J R
Old 03-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker

OL J R
Don't forget Elvis !! He and Evel dressed a lot like with the red-white-blue jump suits.

I had kinda forgotten about that until I took a tour at Graceland a few years ago and saw several of Elvis' costumes on display, many of which could have passed for Evel's outfits.

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 03-22-2016, 05:15 PM

In the STUNT department, I rate Evel ABOVE "STUPOR" Dave Osbourne.
At least SOME of Evel's stunts were successful. STUPOR Dave's NEVER work.
As a PERSON, Stupor-Dave wins dands-down.
Evel was a total POS.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker

OL J R
I don't know if it was planned that way, or if the police learned that Evel had been invited to be the Grand Marshall and decided to avail themselves of the opportunity to bust him. But either way, he had no idea it was coming, and I'd love to see a picture of the look on Evel's face when he found himself doing a "perp parade" instead! Also:

Some years ago I had heard (on a TV program about the relatives and descendants of historical figures) that "Super Dave" Osbourne's real name is Bob Einstein, and that he is actually related to Albert Einstein (given that many current-day politicians are related [such as former Vice President Cheney and President Obama being cousins, for just one example], I'm not surprised). Super Dave and Albert both even work/worked in the same field--physics--although Super Dave's physics demonstrations often go awry (frequently with a little help from Fuji Akahito, his stunt co-ordinator)... :-)
NAR #54895 SR