Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM
focused procrastinator

Default Maxi-tres

my mars snooper upscale is on hold until I can slip a couple parts I need into a semroc order in a month or so, and since Ive finally found a field big enough I want to try my hand at the Fliskits Tres 24mm upscale. as soon as I get paid Im going to order the parts kit and get to work, has anyone else built this version of the tres, or the normal one? any tips or suggestions for engines or flight characteristics would be great, and if someone could give me any sort of guesstimate for how big a field is ideal, Ive flown some rockets on F motors in the field I use with no problem but with three canted D engines plus the dual parachute system I have in mind might give the thing a bit more room to move towards the trees if the wind is right (or wrong, I guess i should say) since I have everything I need for this kit on hand, minus the tubes and engine mounts in the parts pack, it should be a fairly straightforeward build