Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2020, 02:42 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Miller
Sold 99% of my Centuri collection over a year ago. I still have to much in the way of Kits, open Kits parts,Catalogs and other collectible stuff. my problem is with having MS and a heart condition, I do not have the energy to sell, pack or ship 1-z 2-z on Ebay. so unless someone wants to come to south Florida with a truck and cash in their hand. I guess my Kids will donate this stuff to the Vets or it might end up in the dump. they both do not have interest and a lack of time . I also have 50 years + of built models = 200 + I cannot enjoy them any more so I wont
cry to see them go.

Hi Neal, I see here is where we corresponded earlier. I am hoping for a reply on my letter to you so I won’t go over things again here. Thanks,,, Dan.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:15 AM
BAR

I've picked up a very small number of kits over the years, though I do plan to build them some day. Don't think that makes me a collector, but I do like to have a few from each old manufacturer. I really like the kits with the printed fin stock, haven't been able to crack open a sealed one of those yet. Also their multi-stagers with passport staging. I try to find open/complete kits, then they're easier to build. I've cloned a few with semroc parts - gotta be exact original dimensions with all the finicky parts of originals, of course.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 09-12-2020, 12:54 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
I've picked up a very small number of kits over the years, though I do plan to build them some day. Don't think that makes me a collector, but I do like to have a few from each old manufacturer. I really like the kits with the printed fin stock, haven't been able to crack open a sealed one of those yet. Also their multi-stagers with passport staging. I try to find open/complete kits, then they're easier to build. I've cloned a few with semroc parts - gotta be exact original dimensions with all the finicky parts of originals, of course.

DONT OPEN THOSE SEALED KITS !
Old 09-12-2020, 03:45 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I have a bunch of vintage sealed kits.
I never buy them with intention of NOT opening/building, but some are too rare for me to open.

Sorta like a vintage muscle car or Corvette. I'd never buy a car I didn't intend to thrash like it was intended.
Old geezers puttering around driving Corvettes that never use Wide-Open-Throttle drive me insane.
I WHACK THE GAS in mine PLENTY. I didn't buy a 190mph capable sports car to drive SLOW.
I know a guy in my hometown that has a 2011 ZR1. I doubt the car has ever seen 100mph. Waste of machinery.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 09-12-2020, 09:41 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I have a bunch of vintage sealed kits.
I never buy them with intention of NOT opening/building, but some are too rare for me to open.

Sorta like a vintage muscle car or Corvette. I'd never buy a car I didn't intend to thrash like it was intended.
Old geezers puttering around driving Corvettes that never use Wide-Open-Throttle drive me insane.
I WHACK THE GAS in mine PLENTY. I didn't buy a 190mph capable sports car to drive SLOW.
I know a guy in my hometown that has a 2011 ZR1. I doubt the car has ever seen 100mph. Waste of machinery.

I share your thing with kits here. Only as I got older, collecting became more fun...
STILL ! ...,,,,I need those 4 Centuri Scale kits ! .....grrr
Old 09-12-2020, 09:44 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK

If you have one you kept, you’re a collector......
Let’s trade. Let’s trade......
Old 09-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
DONT OPEN THOSE SEALED KITS !

All rocket kits should be open and built. They are very sad in those little bags. They need to get out and stretch their fins to be truly happy...

I hate rules.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:06 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsas
All rocket kits should be open and built. They are very sad in those little bags. They need to get out and stretch their fins to be truly happy...

BLA ! If that were true, they’d be worthless today as collectibles. But I’ve learned not to argue with you
Old 09-13-2020, 10:49 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
BLA ! If that were true, they’d be worthless today as collectibles. But I’ve learned not to argue with you

Wow. I remember when you used to have a sense of humor...

I hate rules.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:50 AM
Master Blaster

Default Still love those old Centuri Kits

I Still have a few old Centui Kits, the Javelin is from 1969 and the Micron is a 1964 Issue.
the Micron was open and the original streamer and fin stock were missing. but you just don't
see many kits like this any more. It would take as GRocketman says: Uber Bucks to pull them out of my hands.
I have sold most all of my Collection and will be selling off the rest at the end of this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  1969 Javelin.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  527.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Best Catalog Cover of allTime.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  637.6 KB