Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Born Late Rocketeer

Default Der Pink Mini Max

A long time ago, more or less by accident, I ended up with a set of Der Pink Mini Max decals from Excelsior Rocketry (a.k.a. Sandman Decals, now defunct). Last year I built a Mini Max kit, and this week I finally finished with paint, decals, and clear coat.

I dithered a little, okay, a lot, over what to do with this rocket. The decals are clever but not really my thing. I considered adding another decal reading — presumably in tiny tiny lettering — as follows, from Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals:

Quote:
Ah, I think I have it. The pink proclaims an almost belligerent masculinity, saying as it does: I am so masculine I can afford to tempt you to question it, giving me the opportunity to proclaim it anew by doing violence to you in response. I don’t know if you have ever read Ofleberger’s Die Wesentlichen Ungewissheiten Zugehörig der Offenkundigen Männlichkeit?
But in the end I decided to just donate it to the Syracuse Rocket Club as a giveaway rocket.

Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com