Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2022, 06:16 AM
BP Mafia

Default President's Day weekend build orgy

My wife left town for a weekend with her sisters after work on Friday, so I was largely unsupervised from that point until she got home yesterday. Offered to buy my son dinner Friday night and he chose Roney's, which until the last few years had been the last Cincinnati location of Roy Rogers, a fast food joint some of you up east will recognize. The Roney's folks decided not to go with the menu change when Roys corporate mandated it a few years back and kept their supply chain contacts. I was shocked at how great it was. Sam liked it so much that he went back for lunch on Saturday.
Woke up Saturday morning and made breakfast of goetta and eggs, which pretty much kept me happy until dinner. I spent the day cleaning up and organizing the rocket room and made absolutely no headway, BUT........I did find the nose cone for the Centuri Bull Dog project that had stalled a couple of years back. Also found a large enough length of BT-70, so that project is back on track. I got lucky in the afternoon and scored the requisite Mini HoJo kits on the cheap from Wal-Mart. Scheduled for Monday delivery. I said "Yeah, right." Spent the rest of the day learning of the dangers of having a Bluetooth enabled printer and access to the JimZ plan site. So much for that new pack of paper.
Sunday showed up looking beautiful, with bright sunny skies and mild temps. Went outside to check out the flying conditions for the Doug Sams Memorial that I was hoping to have at B6-4 Field, but I could hear the wind whistling through the trees when I walked out the door. Spent the hours before the Daytona 500 avoiding the talking head coverage and cutting fins for the EAC Firecat that I planned to build once my HoJos showed up. "Yeah, right."
More goetta and eggs on Monday morning. (Bank holiday.) Firecat fins are glued up and other parts tracked down. FedEx shows up mid-morning with my HoJo order. "Yeah, right?" Firecat build shifts to high gear, and while the glue dries on that, I cut out the fins for the Bull Dog. Winds are still pretty spring-like, great for kites, but lousy for rockets, so the Doug Sams Memorial is postponed. Back to work today, but my weekend netted me three new birds. The weather looks like it will be worsening as the week goes on, which likely means no launch this weekend, but possible paint weather today when I get home, so final coat on the Sabre and primer on the Firecat.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 02-22-2022, 07:31 AM
Old BAR

That sounds like a lovely weekend, Bill!
When my wife and stepdaughter took off to Rock Hill for stepdaughter's club volleyball tournament for the weekend, I used that time to go over Dave's list of rockets he's selling. I selected a few and now they are on the way!
Desperately need to clean up and organize my shop, though!
Hope to gather some things together to sell in Perry, Ga for the Southeastern Model Show. It's mostly all about R/C aircraft, but sometimes I'll find some rocket deals. Going to take my son. Will be a blast!
Allen
Old 02-22-2022, 07:36 AM
Dazed and Confused

Seems weird not to have the word "unsupervised" in the same paragraph as "beer" and "firearms". Maybe it's just that I live farther south.

BTW, right now it's looking like we will have the Doug Sams memorial boat ride this week. Its coming down in buckets and the heavy stuff hasn't even got here yet. It looks like you are just far enough north to get normal rain instead of the heavy storm line, but you never know.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:40 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
That sounds like a lovely weekend, Bill!
When my wife and stepdaughter took off to Rock Hill for stepdaughter's club volleyball tournament for the weekend, I used that time to go over Dave's list of rockets he's selling. I selected a few and now they are on the way!
Desperately need to clean up and organize my shop, though!
Hope to gather some things together to sell in Perry, Ga for the Southeastern Model Show. It's mostly all about R/C aircraft, but sometimes I'll find some rocket deals. Going to take my son. Will be a blast!
Allen

Gotta admit. I didn't mind being left alone. I was reasonably productive aside from the building.
My wife didn't come home to a sink full of dishes, I got the pool cover drained, and I got a load of laundry done.
I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 02-22-2022, 07:43 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Seems weird not to have the word "unsupervised" in the same paragraph as "beer" and "firearms". Maybe it's just that I live farther south.

BTW, right now it's looking like we will have the Doug Sams memorial boat ride this week. Its coming down in buckets and the heavy stuff hasn't even got here yet. It looks like you are just far enough north to get normal rain instead of the heavy storm line, but you never know.

I am alcohol free in 2022. I'm not even trying to be. It's just happened. Looking out my office window, It's pouring this morning, but not like last week. Good thing. The river was WAY up on the way in this morning.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 02-22-2022, 08:28 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I am alcohol free in 2022. I'm not even trying to be. It's just happened. Looking out my office window, It's pouring this morning, but not like last week. Good thing. The river was WAY up on the way in this morning.

The front squall hit about 10 minutes ago and looks like it's training, so it will be on us for a while. I've got my swiftwater gear at work with me. I hope we don't need it.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:09 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Alcohol free in 2022 ??
C'mon noww.
You are gonna HAVE to do something about THAT mistake.
Don't be a quitter !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-22-2022, 01:37 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Alcohol free in 2022 ??
C'mon noww.
Don't be a quitter !

Momma didn't raise no quitter!!!
Old 02-22-2022, 02:29 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking

Quote:
I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest.

Same. Usually it's working on the latest original musical compostion (who'm I kidding, they're rock songs), but occasionally I hear siren songs from the direction of my rocket desk (Hobby Bench, anyone?).

Quote:
Or a Centuri.
NICELY DONE.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 02-22-2022, 02:37 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Alcohol free in 2022 ??
C'mon noww.
Don't be a quitter !

Quitting never entered into it. Have yet to go to a college basketball game or have The Board over for a Friday night meeting. I'm sure it will change once the weather breaks. I think the masking has a lot to do with it.

I miss being SAM 0058