Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Master Modeler

Default EAC T-Shirt Sighting

Not sure who else might have seen this but it jumped off the screen at me. The new Tom Hanks sci-fi movie “Finch” has a scene early in the film where Mr. Hanks is wearing an Estes Aerospace Club T-Shirt. I geeked out about it which made my wife roll her eyes. I fear one day her eyes will just keep rolling, ya know, forever.

Last edited by rraeford : 12-05-2021 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Avid Builder

Ask her to get you this for Christmas. Let's hope her eyes survive.
https://estesrockets.com/product/00...e-club-t-shirt/
Old 12-05-2021, 07:52 AM
BAR

I noticed that too! Had to back up to be sure it was what I though it was. Bummer that the shirt Estes ha sells doesn't have an option for additional thrust bars. I made it to level 4 as a kid, and had mom iron on the thrust bars each time I received them.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 12-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Avid Builder

Now you can make it to level five.
https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/pubs...ation_Sheet.pdf
Resize the graphic on the last page, print on T shirt transfer paper, trim and iron on.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Aggressor Aerospace

Yes! I always thought that was strange when I joined EAC as a kid! You couldn't actually make it to level 5 as there weren't five skill level 5 kits available. I guess you had to build the few they DID have, over and over?
Old 12-05-2021, 04:00 PM
BAR

I thought it was just one kit from each level? It was a long time ago...

The Nighthawk was my level 4 kit. I'm counting the Semroc Saturn 1B as my level 5 kit.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 12-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I had one back in the day.I only got to level three.That was about when my money started to go to cars and girls. If I remember it took a few kits for each level. Looking back now it seems like a good marketing strategy.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:32 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moark Bill
I had one back in the day.I only got to level three.That was about when my money started to go to cars and girls. If I remember it took a few kits for each level. Looking back now it seems like a good marketing strategy.

I had mixed feelings about it. A nice concept, but since it was limited only to Estes kits, that did not match up with my interests. I mean, by then I was designing my own boost gliders, unusual Sport models, two-staged clustered models (like 3 C6-0 to one C6-7), converted plastic models, underwater rockets, and scratchbuilt scale models (not very good scale models at the time, but still...).

And ironically enough "NARtrek" also did not appeal to me. For very much the same reasons. Reach a flight time of 30 seconds using a streamer..... flying a KIT. I was deeply into contest models by then, and it was ridiculous to devolve from good performing contest models, to using a kit. And I sure was not going to buy any kits to be suitable for such things, when I had plenty of non-kit models that could do those things. So I never got into NARtrek either.
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer
Old 12-06-2021, 08:17 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegassaway
I had mixed feelings about it. A nice concept, but since it was limited only to Estes kits, that did not match up with my interests. I mean, by then I was designing my own boost gliders, unusual Sport models, two-staged clustered models (like 3 C6-0 to one C6-7), converted plastic models, underwater rockets, and scratchbuilt scale models (not very good scale models at the time, but still...).

And ironically enough "NARtrek" also did not appeal to me. For very much the same reasons. Reach a flight time of 30 seconds using a streamer..... flying a KIT. I was deeply into contest models by then, and it was ridiculous to devolve from good performing contest models, to using a kit. And I sure was not going to buy any kits to be suitable for such things, when I had plenty of non-kit models that could do those things. So I never got into NARtrek either.

I agree with your reasoning. We know that they were developed to generate sales and to keep purchases in their house instead of the competition, so it just didn't align with many of us.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Semi-Pro Rocketeer TRA 10484 L2

I have some little grandchildren that I would buy the shirts for but the colorful ones are to large for them and the smaller gray ones that fit them not colorful enough, Lol
=======================