Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 AM
BP Mafia

Default Who's flying this weekend?

We're scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday and as of this evening, the weather looks great both days. Low to mid 80's and little chance of rain for the weekend, but a fair amount of rain is predicted in the days leading up to the launch. (Me and dry grass = not a good combo.) As I type this message I have an even dozen reviews in the EMRR queue, all complete except for the flights. I don't even want to think about how many birds I have unflown and the builds undocumented. Anyone else?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 06-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
We're scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday and as of this evening, the weather looks great both days. Low to mid 80's and little chance of rain for the weekend, but a fair amount of rain is predicted in the days leading up to the launch. (Me and dry grass = not a good combo.) As I type this message I have an even dozen reviews in the EMRR queue, all complete except for the flights. I don't even want to think about how many birds I have unflown and the builds undocumented. Anyone else?

Bill,

Is this at the QuARK field?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 AM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
I don't even want to think about how many birds I have unflown and the builds undocumented. Anyone else?

Yeah, I don't either. Although in my case, it's *incomplete* builds rather than undocumented ones.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:

Weather permitting, I've still got a few first-timers to work through. Mostly kits and clones this time, stuff that's been collecting dust on the bench.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I flew last weekend, so it is very doubtful I will this weekend as we will be at our lake cottage for 10 days of Jet-Skiing and Boating (one of my other money-pit hobbies).
I should have plenty of time to build though....maybe I will finish up my Semroc Saturn 1B build.
Flew most of my Enerjet clones and some "Astron" clones last weekend; will try to post launch pics if I have time.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

I'm hosting a launch for the son of my wife's best friend; as it stands now, I'll be herding five kids, only one of whom is mine. I'll only be launching three of mine; I think I'm going to launch my Triskelion, my Guardian, and my 30 year old Centuri Sky Devil, recently refurbed and repainted in patriotic colors (no pictures yet).

My daughter wants to launch her Cosmic Cobra twice; I talked her into launching her No. 2 Skywriter rather than re-prepping the Cobra in the middle. I forget what Justin plans to launch, except I believe he plans to launch his Patriot. His sister has a new Hi Flier which will hopefully be primed by then, and as it's her only rocket she'll be putting it up three times.

Jeffrey, the aforementioned son of my wife's best friend, will be receiving an Estes Bandito as a gift (it's his birthday party... forgot to mention that) and his sister Megan will get a Firehawk; I'm hoping that, with my guidance, we can get them built in time to launch them, but if that doesn't work out I'll loan them some of my rockets to actually launch.

Whew... I'm tired already just describing it...
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 06-26-2007, 11:08 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Bill,

Is this at the QuARK field?

Yes. Stop by if you're in the area.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
My daughter wants to launch her Cosmic Cobra twice; I talked her into launching her No. 2 Skywriter rather than re-prepping the Cobra in the middle.

I always thought the Cosmic Cobra was an easy one to prep. Stuff it with wadding, fold the chute up in the blades of the nose cone, and slide it all in around the shock cord mount. It's one of my favorite "kid-friendly" rockets.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
I'm hosting a launch for the son of my wife's best friend; as it stands now, I'll be herding five kids, only one of whom is mine. I'll only be launching three of mine; I think I'm going to launch my Triskelion, my Guardian, and my 30 year old Centuri Sky Devil, recently refurbed and repainted in patriotic colors (no pictures yet).

My daughter wants to launch her Cosmic Cobra twice; I talked her into launching her No. 2 Skywriter rather than re-prepping the Cobra in the middle. I forget what Justin plans to launch, except I believe he plans to launch his Patriot. His sister has a new Hi Flier which will hopefully be primed by then, and as it's her only rocket she'll be putting it up three times.

Jeffrey, the aforementioned son of my wife's best friend, will be receiving an Estes Bandito as a gift (it's his birthday party... forgot to mention that) and his sister Megan will get a Firehawk; I'm hoping that, with my guidance, we can get them built in time to launch them, but if that doesn't work out I'll loan them some of my rockets to actually launch.

Whew... I'm tired already just describing it...

Maybe you can do this.....

http://www.nar.org/2006/08/nars_50t...celebration.php
Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

If I was a NAR member, I might... it's never been worth the cost, considering (brace yourselves) I've never even MET another rocketeer I didn't indoctrinate myself. Were I in armsreach of a NAR chapter, I'd probably join and cough up the dues. Not worth it to be a club of one.
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org