Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Default Rocket Doctor

We had RocketDoctor (and RocketNurse?) as our guests at Semroc yesterday. Ken and Diana were just great to spend time with. We hated to see them go. He has more insite into the workings of modern day Estes Industries than anyone that is talking!

He did an admirable job on the Estes Forum and lost his long time job as designer and consultant for standing up for the old rocketeers to Barry. As many of us have guessed, if the world knew what Ken knows about Barry and how he feels about all that we hold sacred, Estes Industries would lose very big.

When someone writes a book, these will turn out to be "interesting times." Hopefully, Ken will be able to share more with everyone sometime in the future.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Ye Olde Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We had RocketDoctor (and RocketNurse?) as our guests at Semroc yesterday. Ken and Diana were just great to spend time with. We hated to see them go. He has more insite into the workings of modern day Estes Industries than anyone that is talking!

He did an admirable job on the Estes Forum and lost his long time job as designer and consultant for standing up for the old rocketeers to Barry. As many of us have guessed, if the world knew what Ken knows about Barry and how he feels about all that we hold sacred, Estes Industries would lose very big.

When someone writes a book, these will turn out to be "interesting times." Hopefully, Ken will be able to share more with everyone sometime in the future.

Was the loss of job recent? Is that why the Estes Forum was shut down? Speaking of books, I wonder how long we're going to have to wait for VEs book? Also, I wonder who's going to have the guts to "tell it all." While it probably wouldn't be as popular as VEs book, I'm sure it would be a best seller among old rocketeers if someone brought it out.
James
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_james
Was the loss of job recent? Is that why the Estes Forum was shut down?
Yes. The Forum was shut down before. The reason was silly by my standards.

Quote:
Speaking of books, I wonder how long we're going to have to wait for VEs book? Also, I wonder who's going to have the guts to "tell it all." While it probably wouldn't be as popular as VEs book, I'm sure it would be a best seller among old rocketeers if someone brought it out.
James
Vern keeps putting it off. He spends a lot of time with his work. I keep pressing him and volunteering to help put it together/proofread, etc. He does still want to work on it.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I really hope someone tells the real story about what is going on inside Estes now.
I'm sure it is centered around greed and lack of care toward employees and customers though.
I pretty much have avoided purchasing anything from them and purchase most of my stuff from Semroc and some of the small manufacturers that actually turn out good old made in USA products.
Unfortunately giving Estes business is a neccessary evil to purchase BP motors.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

There are so many things I want to say right now about this...

But I won't.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Why NOT ?
PLEASE say them !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Ye Olde Rocketeer

Thanks for the info, Carl.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Master Modeler

You can spill it here Gordon. This is a private section of the forum, and your among like minded friends.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Master Modeler

Speaking of the many products made in China nowadays, I just read an eye opener article
a few days ago about the slave like conditions the workers have to endure there. I certainly
hope the kits and other products made for Estes aren't done under the same or similar
conditions. If so, it may be time to make our power felt and "pull the plug" by abstaining
from buying Estes kits and/or any model rocket kits that has the "Made in China" tag. Maybe the current Estes corporation will have to just make do on manufacturing and selling
BP engines, since those are still "Made in the USA."

To be proactive, it might be necessary for SEMROC to consider ramping up plans to start
making and marketing BP motors in case Estes has to increase the prices on theirs should
there be a mass "melt down" on the sales of their kits.

The kits currently offered by the "mom and pop" vendors (you know who I'm talking about)
have the quality and feel of the products we want and desire. And, they're made in the USA.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Speaking of the many products made in China nowadays, I just read an eye opener article
a few days ago about the slave like conditions the workers have to endure there. I certainly
hope the kits and other products made for Estes aren't done under the same or similar
conditions. If so, it may be time to make our power felt and "pull the plug" by abstaining
from buying Estes kits and/or any model rocket kits that has the "Made in China" tag. Maybe the current Estes corporation will have to just make do on manufacturing and selling
BP engines, since those are still "Made in the USA."

To be proactive, it might be necessary for SEMROC to consider ramping up plans to start
making and marketing BP motors in case Estes has to increase the prices on theirs should
there be a mass "melt down" on the sales of their kits.

The kits currently offered by the "mom and pop" vendors (you know who I'm talking about)
have the quality and feel of the products we want and desire. And, they're made in the USA.

Estes is going down the dark path. I'm trying not to stir up trouble.

Let's just say I won't have to stir up trouble. When water boils it sort of stirs itself.

It will be said by others, you don't need to hear it from me.

http://sandmandecals.com/