Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2022, 01:08 PM
Craftsman

Default That Other Rocketry Forum

The Other Rocketry Forum is begging for money from me. This after I was banned from a thread when my opinion did not correspond with the sheeple. Banned with no explanation by the way.
Old 07-25-2022, 04:12 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRIJoe
The Other Rocketry Forum is begging for money from me. This after I was banned from a thread when my opinion did not correspond with the sheeple. Banned with no explanation by the way.

I laugh when I get those money begging messages.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-25-2022, 07:25 PM
Master Modeler

Join the club.
Armpits!
And they wonder why know one gives?
Old 10-07-2022, 02:36 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRIJoe

You don't say?? ROFLMAO... that DUMP is still operating?? Thought it would have gone the way of the dodo by now. I dumped that garbage heap a LONG time ago... didn't take long for the 'new owners' to TOTALLY ruin it, so I dumped it. I don't get the money grubbing messages anymore LOL They were good for a laugh anyway...

Later! OL J R : )
Old 10-07-2022, 03:09 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Total POS site DIRTBAG over-moderated.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 10-07-2022, 09:58 PM
Cardstock Designer

That site re-enforces the value of being here.

Mike
Old 10-07-2022, 10:03 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Absolutely 100% agree with Mike's statement above 1000X over.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 03-24-2023, 01:37 PM
When In Doubt, Build Hell-For-Stout

This thread is insightful. Looking for some input from you folks.

I know, social media is a **** show, and the last thing I want folks to think is I am a whiny little bitch....but recent events over on TRF have got me a bit

And if this post here on YORF gets me banned over on TRF... so be it, it's not my sandbox.

I'm a BAR, and I've been a paying member over at TRF since 2018 (ish). While I like the format of that site, I've had a number of run-ins with cwbullet.

He's a moderator there and has done a number of "holier than thou" dishonest edits / deletions of posts where I have questioned something he has stated. He even quoted one of my posts and called me "ignorant"... then he quickly edited that post, deleting my post where I stated he needed to follow forum rules. He then sent me a PM entitled "just to educate" that stated:
"Ignorant is an adjective:
adjective

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

What a douche bag move. Folks that live in glass houses piss me off. He's a moderator... and he's doing things that members would be banned for.

So I got to thinking... I wonder if he owns the site?

That lead me to ask him in a PM: "Who Owns The Rocketry Forum ?"

He didn't reply.

OK then... I created a new thread and asked in an open Forum ""Who Owns The Rocketry Forum ?" Crickets.

Now when I log on there, access to data takes forever and often times ends in a blank screen. I'm not having that issue on any other sites. I'm calling shenanigans.

Double secret probation?

Thoughts? (Other than that I am a whiny bitch)
Old 03-24-2023, 03:49 PM
Master Modeler

Hmmm…I’m not a big participant on TRF but I do post responses to and read topics I’m interested in - no moderation situations that I’m aware of but then again I rarely participate in non-rocketry conversations over there (or here or on FB for that matter). And I do make an effort to be as positive and upbeat online about hobby rocketry as I am in person - I love building and flying rockets so it’s not in my nature to be otherwise about the subject 😉

Closest thing to problems I’ve ever had on TRF was a rather nasty little post from one of the big-time members whereas I was smeared with “-ist” and “-ism” labels over my opinion about Amazon’s execrable Rings of Power series - by the way, IMO it’s even worse than it’s harshest critics portrayed it as, simply a horrid warping of everything Professor Tolkien created - no apology, no intervention from a moderator, nothing. And, incidentally, I never bothered to check back and gloat after RoP was proven to be just as bad and misconceived as I said it was going to be - why bother, knuckleheads gotta be knuckleheads and it’s not my job to fix ‘em.

And a particularly toxic clown tried to flame me after I’d spent much time and effort offering asked for advice and opinions - the other thread participants pretty much called him out and last I checked he’d either dropped from sight or ginned up a new account, his old account had gone idle months ago.

But I do only read/post stuff I’m interested in and don’t argue with anyone since I really don’t care terribly much what some random goofball on the internet says or feels. To be honest the number of people who’s opinion of me matters can be counted on my fingers…with a couple left over…

Oh, and I don’t give them any money, the add volume appears sufficient to me to pay the freight for my membership.

NAR #102949/L1
Old 03-25-2023, 10:16 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
<snip>Hmmm…I’m not a big participant on TRF but I do post responses to and read topics I’m interested in - no moderation situations that I’m aware of but then again I rarely participate in non-rocketry conversations over there (or here or on FB for that matter). And I do make an effort to be as positive and upbeat online about hobby rocketry as I am in person - I love building and flying rockets so it’s not in my nature to be otherwise about the subject 😉

But I do only read/post stuff I’m interested in and don’t argue with anyone since I really don’t care terribly much what some random goofball on the internet says or feels. </snip>

This is a good approach to model rocketry forums, Scott.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org