Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2020, 05:36 PM
Ciderwright

Ad Astra Tabernamque!
Old 05-30-2020, 06:51 PM
Banned

Peter,

So, while we are on the subject of Scale Data books, what is the current status of "Rockets Of The World" - 5th Edition ( including all of the Supplements ) ?

The 4th Edition is long sold out, everywhere, leaving modelers without a solid source of data.

Dave F.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:04 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
So, while we are on the subject of Scale Data books, what is the current status of "Rockets Of The World" - 5th Edition ( including all of the Supplements ) ?

The answer to this question is probably the same as when you uploaded a bunch of Peter's copyrighted material on another forum back in February.

Through his many friends, Peter has set the expectation that the next version of ROTW will be available when he considers it finished. That may be years from now. It is a big, big, project, and he is still actively researching and drawing. Some of us have seen bit of the progress he is making, and it will be well worth the wait.

Quit badgering him about it, Dave, and just chill.

James

P.S. I would be remiss to point out that that the four monographs recently released by Peter are, in fact, some of the gleanings from Peter's recent toil in the scale data mines, portions of which will help tell the story of rocketry in the ultimate version of ROTW.

Last edited by rocket.aero : 05-31-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket.aero
The answer to this question is probably the same as when you uploaded a bunch of Peter's copyrighted material on another forum back in February.

Through his many friends, Peter has set the expectation that the next version of ROTW will be available when he considers it finished. That may be years from now. It is a big, big, project, and he is still actively researching and drawing. Some of us have seen bit of the progress he is making, and it will be well worth the wait.

Quit badgering him about it, Dave, and just chill.

James

P.S. I would be remiss to point out that that the four monographs recently released by Peter are, in fact, some of the gleanings from Peter's recent toil in the scale data mines, portions of which will help tell the story of rocketry in the ultimate version of ROTW.

James,

This isn't TRF . . .

Dave F.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Banned

Last edited by Ez2cDave : 06-01-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:12 AM
Cardstock Designer

Default Robert H. Goddard & WWII Booklets

Purchased both the Robert H. Goddard & WW II Rocket booklets. Great drawings!

Plan was to read the booklets cover to cover while making my decision which rocket to design first.

As soon as I saw the Ruhrstahl X-4, those thoughts got canned.

In the process of designing it out of cardstock. One thing notice right away, the fuselage is curved the whole way. Since really would like this to fly, will mimic the curves. If I do the correct amount, the model would weigh too much and be weaker, due to the number of joints needed.

This rocket is very interesting in other areas as well. Will be designed full scale.

Booklets are fantastic!

Thinking of doing a design thread in the cardstock section.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 06-27-2020, 08:48 AM
Banned

Matt,

The RUHRSTAHL KRAMER X-4's fuselage is NOT "curved all the way" . . . I have a lot of data on it.

Send me an email Ez2cDave@aol.com

Dave F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  roy323-ruhrstahl_kramer_x1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  94.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  WORKSHEET J.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  914.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  X-4mercado.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  797.9 KB  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Sometimes collector

I got both the Goddard book and V2 painting guide, I read the Goddard book which was excellent as always. I am glad Bob Alway encouraged Peter to continue through as many of Goddard subjects as he could, especially since many are great for modeling I agree that Goddard's impact could have been much greater had he collaborated. I am about halfway through the V2 book which is so much more than a painting guide.

Well done!
Old 06-27-2020, 02:28 PM
Cardstock Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
I got both the Goddard book and V2 painting guide, I read the Goddard book which was excellent as always. I am glad Bob Alway encouraged Peter to continue through as many of Goddard subjects as he could, especially since many are great for modeling I agree that Goddard's impact could have been much greater had he collaborated. I am about halfway through the V2 book which is so much more than a painting guide.

Well done!

Wanted the V2 Paint booklet, but the WW II Booklet won the day. Haven't read the Robert Goddard yet, looking forward to the read! Planned to get the V2 Paint and the Goddard one.

Have a Bumper WAC, so would be easy to do repaints of the V2. the X-4 captured my interest since seeing it on the flyer he sent to order from. Had to get the WW II because of wanting to know more abut it.

Mike
Old 06-27-2020, 04:38 PM
Cardstock Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Matt,

The RUHRSTAHL KRAMER X-4's fuselage is NOT "curved all the way" . . . I have a lot of data on it.

Dave F.

Hi Dave, Thank you for the info. Really don't need it, Peter's Drawings work for how I design.

You are correct not all surfaces are curved, most of the body is a taper after the war head location.

Plan on doing both of the paint schemes he supplies.

Mike