Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 PM
nukemmcssret's Avatar
nukemmcssret nukemmcssret is offline
Rocket Launcher Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsotr
I forgot one too .... obviously, I'm getting old. Yikes!

Dr Zooch
Unique kits and great service. Nuff said.

And then there's Sheri. I bought two kits directly from her and another from a third party via eBay. Her service was slower than most (on the order of weeks), but I knew that in advance, fully expected it, and had no problem waiting. Never had a problem contacting her. I have every intention of buying from her again -- her Merc-Atlas and Gemini have unique parts and are just way cool -- but I'll probably wait a bit until things have settled down for her.

Just my 2 cents. Final I hope. Unless I think of someone else I've forgotten.


Who is Sheri?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 AM
raohara raohara is offline
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 170
Default Look Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
Who is Sheri?

Man MMC, you just switched the MCP's from 2S/2S to 2F/2F. Remember the MCP check valve noise on a pump shift? Well, you might have just started more of a racket than the check valves slamming. Or maybe not; she may be old news by now. We'll see....
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-14-2010, 02:13 AM
tbzep's Avatar
tbzep tbzep is offline
Dazed and Confused
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 9,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
Who is Sheri?


She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.
__________________
I love sanding.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 AM
raohara raohara is offline
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.

As old Navy guy, I think a simple keelhauling should suffice.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:24 AM
GregGleason's Avatar
GregGleason GregGleason is offline
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep

She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.



That's a fair summary of the events.

One observation: YORF is a pretty quiet forum for the most part, with people acting with civility one to another. I believe that is due in large part because the majority of posters have a more "seasoned" median age than on other forums, and therefore have a "wiser" outlook on life and rockets. But even this topic raised not a little rancor on this forum, which goes to show you how polarizing the whole matter was. And it all seemed to come down to who you believed: the woman or her customers.

It was ugly and I am glad it's over.

Greg
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
nukemmcssret's Avatar
nukemmcssret nukemmcssret is offline
Rocket Launcher Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.



Thanks was just wondering if there was a rocket source out there that I did not know about.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM
nukemmcssret's Avatar
nukemmcssret nukemmcssret is offline
Rocket Launcher Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raohara
Man MMC, you just switched the MCP's from 2S/2S to 2F/2F. Remember the MCP check valve noise on a pump shift? Well, you might have just started more of a racket than the check valves slamming. Or maybe not; she may be old news by now. We'll see....


You just brought back a flood of memories LOL. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
UMRS's Avatar
UMRS UMRS is offline
Rocket Huckster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGleason
That's a fair summary of the events.

One observation: YORF is a pretty quiet forum for the most part, with people acting with civility one to another. I believe that is due in large part because the majority of posters have a more "seasoned" median age than on other forums, and therefore have a "wiser" outlook on life and rockets. But even this topic raised not a little rancor on this forum, which goes to show you how polarizing the whole matter was. And it all seemed to come down to who you believed: the woman or her customers.

It was ugly and I am glad it's over.

Greg



Amen to that.
__________________
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud


Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
jetlag jetlag is offline
Old BAR
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,136
Default

She was, however, exciting...........
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
ghrocketman's Avatar
ghrocketman ghrocketman is offline
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,375
Default

Appearance-wise she never did a darned thing for me as I work as well as know MANY women FAR more attractive than she ever hoped to.

JUST a keelhauling ?
Nah...after that if survived, there has to be a "Walk the PLANK" in there !

Bottom line with the whole previous ordeal was al whole lot of customers did NOT get what they paid for, and I for one am very glad the whole deal erupted PRIOR to what would have been a VERY BAD idea for me to order one of their kits. From what I have read of reviews of those kits, I'm further glad I did not order as I would have been disappointed.
Then again, I don't think I would have ordered anyway. I actually expect the goods sitting in inventory and ready to ship PRIOR to me ordering them.
__________________
When in doubt, WHACK the GAS and DITCH the brake !!!
No Harm=NO Foul advocate

If you are NOT FLYING LOW in the left lane, you need to GET THE #$&@ OUT of it !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask, you probably aren't
!

Last edited by ghrocketman : 07-14-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2019