Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Long time rocketeer since 1964

Default Is it OK to be unfaithful ?

I understand the love and desire and loyalty to various old rocket models and to our favorite old rocket companies. But is it OK to fall in love with clones of the old models we recall as our first ? Is it unfaithful to say , "Hey, I like the Semroc clones and I am going to collect the Semroc and other versions of the old models we started with" ? It is as if we transfer our worship for the old models onto the new and AVAILABLE versions. No doubt we would all jump at the chance to purchase a genuine old kit but they are becoming more scarce and more expensive.

Actually I was not paying attention when Semroc was out with models that now are out of production. I would love to find a Semroc version of the original Estes Scrambler and also some Centuri-Enerjet rockets. I also wish Estes would manufacture stuff like the Maxi and Super Alpha, Scrambler, X-Ray, and others and even go as far as to upsize all of them. But then again I see no reason why Chevrolet can't produce and sell 57 Chevies again. I would buy one if they would.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  centuri Hustler.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  47.1 KB