Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2021, 09:10 AM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
I’ve NEVER EVER had sketchy service from erockets.

Neither have I.
Stellar service.
Ordered 2 of the New Way Mars Snooper II's just a few days ago.
They were here in 3 days. It's unfair to keep comparing eRockets to the old Semroc. Comparisons are odious anyway, especially in this context.
Ease up. Take a Xanax.

Allen
Old 07-31-2021, 09:28 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Ease up. Take a Xanax.

Allen

I would agree - if this was a one off mistake. But it has become a pattern. I have “eased up” over and over again.

No more. Time to make some noise. No vendor should be given a pass for repeated screw ups. I don’t care who they are.
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 07-31-2021, 10:11 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
I would agree - if this was a one off mistake. But it has become a pattern. I have “eased up” over and over again.

No more. Time to make some noise. No vendor should be given a pass for repeated screw ups. I don’t care who they are.

Here’s a slightly different viewpoint. I spent most of the 35+ years of my working life in military logistics. Some of the things I did and were responsible for do need a bit of translating to apply to the retail sales/small manufacturing world but the principles pretty much stay constant. When I did Inventory in our small for the military warehouse - which is a controlled area, limited access to only supply people who put stuff on/take stuff off the shelves, I ALWAYS found discrepancies, every single inventory (I did each area quarterly, which was at least twice what was required). Shortages/overages caused by our own folks, depots, repair facilities, vendors, myself (miscounts from the current or previous inventory)…found issues every single time. When I did Systems Analysis I found problems with misidentified parts, incorrect repair documentation, missing shipments - again, from vendors, depots, repair facilities and our own aircraft maintenance troops. As the wing accountable equipment technician I could curl your hair with the issues we had - capital investment items misidentified, high dollar equipment improperly disposed of, etc. When I moved on to supervision and was responsible for our mobility gear - including our protective chem suits, masks, filters, etc AGAIN found problems with lot numbers, shelf life items, misidentified equipment. Same with our go-to-war spares kits (entire mobile containers of replacement parts and consumables) constantly correcting errors. And, mind you, we were a GOOD unit - we were top rated and had the performance numbers (both in garrison and deployed) to back those ratings up.

So getting the wrong part from a hobby vendor, waiting longer than you think you should for a kit release, dealing with a shipping snafu - yeah, it’s annoying but really not all that big of a deal…being out of built-up aircraft tire/wheel assemblies in Afghanistan so that our planes can’t haul cargo which means more ground troops running convoys and getting blown up by IUDs because the knuckleheads at the tire repair shop in Germany keep bumping your stuff to the lowest priority THAT’S a problem - not being able to get a kitted version of a 30 year old model rocket design as fast as you want or with a wrong part or at the price you’d like to pay? Eh, I’ll take it…retirement was pretty sweet until this pandemic hooey screwed things up…but that to shall pass😆
Old 07-31-2021, 10:28 AM
Avid Builder

Vanel is correct, but every time that I've emailed Randy to notify him of a mistake in my order he has promptly corrected it.
Every time.
I clone a lot of classic rockets, so I order a lot of parts. The problems I've had are mostly dealing with wrong, not missing parts.
Notify Randy if you never received an order. I'm confident he will send you a replacement.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:33 AM
Master Modeler

Thank you for your service. I would definitely agree serving in the military gives one a whole new perspective on things. Takes courage I do not have.

Is my complaint about something that will alter the reality of the Universe or even cause me to loose a meal? No. But I do find it interesting that some of the people posting here seem to think that because Randy is a well liked rocketeer with a good heart and intentions, I should keep my mouth shut and "suck it up." And it's not just me - other folks who order parts have had similar problems. One has even had trouble with shipping like me. Again, these are not one-off occurrences. And there are probably more that aren't posting.

Normally, I would seek another vendor, but if you are a cloner, eRockets is the only place to go. My apartment complex forbids 3D printers or laser cutters, so making my own stuff is out. I did purchase a Cricut Maker so I would not have depend on any vendor for fins.

I am not comparing eRockets to anyone - I simply want what I paid for. I have not gotten that multiple times, and sometimes it has not been made right.

I am not trying to change minds here. My objective is two-fold:

1) To warn others purchasing from eRockets that there is a significant chance something will be wrong with your delivery, especially if you buy parts, and

2) To bring this to Randy Boadway's attention in a public forum. Emails haven't had any effect.
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 07-31-2021, 10:49 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Neither have I.
Stellar service.
Ordered 2 of the New Way Mars Snooper II's just a few days ago.
They were here in 3 days. It's unfair to keep comparing eRockets to the old Semroc. Comparisons are odious anyway, especially in this context.
Ease up. Take a Xanax.

Allen

Four-five orders over about three years. Issues with every one of them. Yes, like anything, experiences do vary and I'm not saying that EVERY thing they do is an 'issue'. But, certainly a pattern and reported by multiple customers.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 07-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
Thank you for your service. I would definitely agree serving in the military gives one a whole new perspective on things. Takes courage I do not have.

1) To warn others purchasing from eRockets that there is a significant chance something will be wrong with your delivery, especially if you buy parts, and

2) To bring this to Randy Boadway's attention in a public forum. Emails haven't had any effect.

You are more than welcome - I did what I did as long as I did because I loved it. The pay and bennies were nice but not nice enough if you didn’t want to live the life!

I guess my point was that even in an environment that demands precision and accuracy because folks’ missions and lives depended on that accuracy and precision stuff happens - in the hobby rocketry world, which is a very, very small one in comparison even to other rather obscure hobbies, stuff still happens.

Try reaching out to Randy again and letting him know about what you’re experiencing - I’ve meet him and his folks (and the folks at the Dayton club that calls eRockets home) and though I can’t call them close friends they’re a good bunch who care about the hobby. Hopefully you can resolve the issues - we do this for fun but it isn’t fun if it’s causing stress!
Old 07-31-2021, 10:54 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
Vanel is correct, but every time that I've emailed Randy to notify him of a mistake in my order he has promptly corrected it.
Every time.
I clone a lot of classic rockets, so I order a lot of parts. The problems I've had are mostly dealing with wrong, not missing parts.
Notify Randy if you never received an order. I'm confident he will send you a replacement.

And this is it: just how many times have you had to contact Randy? Sounds like it has been more than once and maybe even a regular occurrence.

Yes, my issue on every order has NOT been missing parts; it's been the WRONG part. Wrong body tube, wrong nose cone, wrong fin set. Someone or multiple someones are not really paying close attention to stock pulling when filling the order and not doing very good QC on verifying parts before the box is sealed.

This is simple stuff...business 101 stuff. It should not be happening over and over during the course of multiple years. Yet it is.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 07-31-2021, 02:57 PM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
And this is it: just how many times have you had to contact Randy? Sounds like it has been more than once and maybe even a regular occurrence.

Yes, my issue on every order has NOT been missing parts; it's been the WRONG part. Wrong body tube, wrong nose cone, wrong fin set. Someone or multiple someones are not really paying close attention to stock pulling when filling the order and not doing very good QC on verifying parts before the box is sealed.

This is simple stuff...business 101 stuff. It should not be happening over and over during the course of multiple years. Yet it is.

Earl

I couldn't agree with you more. It will kill profit margins, and eventually the business if allowed to continue. At one point, like you there were mistakes on almost every one of my orders.
Better now but still happening.
And don't get me started on the way the tubes are packed (or not packed).
Laters.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:28 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Don't tell your apartment complex you HAVE a 3D printer or laser cutter.
Threaten to SUE their bank accounts DRY over it if they find out and raise a stink. None of their stinkin' Bizznuss.
My first apartment out of college tried to ban all "semi automatic" firearms from their complex and gave me a rash of nonsense over my AR15 when they found out about it. They got referred to both the family attorney and the NRA. Backed them down really fast.

If a rule is ABSURD, I HAVE NO PROBLEM VIOLATING/IGNORING IT. FREQUENTLY AND REPEATEDLY...while telling the rule "author" to KISS MY BUTT. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 07-31-2021 at 07:15 PM.