Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
The MIT paperback reprint does not have the corrections written in. The errata sheet that came with the book notes the corrections.

In Post #10, I posted images of the Errata Sheets, including the one from my hardback edition.

Does anyone see any differences among them ?

Here they are again . . .

Dave F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  ERRATA - 1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  1.09 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  ERRATA - 2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1,004.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  ERRATA - 3.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  926.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  ERRATA - 4.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  1.02 MB  
Old 11-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
The MIT paperback reprint does not have the corrections written in. The errata sheet that came with the book notes the corrections.

Hmmm...ok. I think maybe then the original owner of my copy may have transferred the errata info directly to the book.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 11-05-2020, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Hmmm...ok. I think maybe then the original owner of my copy may have transferred the errata info directly to the book.

Earl

Earl,

Of course, with the data transferred from the Errata Sheet, directly to the pages they pertain to, that would allow things to "flow seamlessly", without having to g back to the Errata Sheet, every time to see if there were any errors on the page.

Dave F.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Mad for modrocs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Well, I guess it's time to "let the cat out of the bag", regarding "Topics In Advanced Model Rocketry".

I have been in contact with Gordon Mandell, since last year. He has been in contact with Bengen & Caporaso.

To make a long story short, the three of them contacted M.I.T. and reclaimed their Copyright of the book. M.I.T. no longer has publication rights.

With that said, all three of them have granted me, in writing, sole permission to duplicate the book, in its entirety, for the purpose of distribution in the Public Domain, FREE OF CHARGE . . . Say goodbye to $500 books !

Unfortunately, COVID-19 put the project on hold, until recently. I recontacted the company I am going to use to have the book professionally duplicated, in electronic format. The cost was, surprisingly, low to get this done, considering that the books has over 650 pages.

Once I have completed the process, it will be distributed to various online sources to make it widely available to anyone who would like a copy.

Dave F

Awesometastic! Much thanks Dave.

“Minds are like parachutes--they only function when open”. —Thomas Dewar
Old 01-10-2023, 11:56 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Well, I guess it's time to "let the cat out of the bag", regarding "Topics In Advanced Model Rocketry".

I have been in contact with Gordon Mandell, since last year. He has been in contact with Bengen & Caporaso.

To make a long story short, the three of them contacted M.I.T. and reclaimed their Copyright of the book. M.I.T. no longer has publication rights.

With that said, all three of them have granted me, in writing, sole permission to duplicate the book, in its entirety, for the purpose of distribution in the Public Domain, FREE OF CHARGE . . . Say goodbye to $500 books !

Unfortunately, COVID-19 put the project on hold, until recently. I recontacted the company I am going to use to have the book professionally duplicated, in electronic format. The cost was, surprisingly, low to get this done, considering that the books has over 650 pages.

Once I have completed the process, it will be distributed to various online sources to make it widely available to anyone who would like a copy.

Dave F

Hi Dave,

I would like to ask if there has been any progress with scanning "Topics in Advanced Model Rocketry"? Thank you.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancingdragon
Hi Dave,

I would like to ask if there has been any progress with scanning "Topics in Advanced Model Rocketry"? Thank you.

Things have been very difficult for the past few months, culminating in the death of my father, at age 94, a few days ago . . . The thoughts & prayers of my fellow rocketeers are extremely welcome.

As for TIAMR, it WILL be scanned and made available, FREE OF CHARGE, to all rocketeers. I will be contacting Scott, as soon as I have gotten that completed.

My world is upside-down, right now . . . BUT, this is going to happen !

My father's death has put my own life in perspective for me . . . I am seeking a way to make my entire Scale Data archive ( 430 GB, at present ) fully-available, at ZERO COST, to rocketeers, everywhere. Perhaps, it will, ultimately, be my "legacy" to Model Rocketry.

Dave F.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:40 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Things have been very difficult for the past few months, culminating in the death of my father, at age 94, a few days ago . . . The thoughts & prayers of my fellow rocketeers are extremely welcome.

As for TIAMR, it WILL be scanned and made available, FREE OF CHARGE, to all rocketeers. I will be contacting Scott, as soon as I have gotten that completed.

My world is upside-down, right now . . . BUT, this is going to happen !

My father's death has put my own life in perspective for me . . . I am seeking a way to make my entire Scale Data archive ( 430 GB, at present ) fully-available, at ZERO COST, to rocketeers, everywhere. Perhaps, it will, ultimately, be my "legacy" to Model Rocketry.

Dave F.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. Thank you so much for taking your time to make this book and your Scale Data archive available to the model rocketry community.

Long N.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:33 PM
Master Modeler

Oh goodness, Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm pretty lousy at following through on offers to pray for folks, but I will give it a shot.

My father will be 94 in mid-April. He's still living at home (with my youngest brother, who is in his early 50s) but I know the time is coming....someday.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 01-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

I'm very sorry to learn of your dad's passing, Dave. My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad when he was 59 in a car accident. I'm now a year older than him when he died. I still miss him every day.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-14-2023, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I'm very sorry to learn of your dad's passing, Dave. My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad when he was 59 in a car accident. I'm now a year older than him when he died. I still miss him every day.

Scott,

God bless you and all of the others who have expressed their feelings and condolences to me.
They are greatly appreciated and mean more to me than anyone will ever know !

I need to talk with you about my Scale Data archive ( 430 GB ) . . . Please shoot me an email.

Ez2cDave@aol.com

Thanks,

Dave F.