Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Rocket Launcher Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsotr
I forgot one too .... obviously, I'm getting old. Yikes!

Dr Zooch
Unique kits and great service. Nuff said.

And then there's Sheri. I bought two kits directly from her and another from a third party via eBay. Her service was slower than most (on the order of weeks), but I knew that in advance, fully expected it, and had no problem waiting. Never had a problem contacting her. I have every intention of buying from her again -- her Merc-Atlas and Gemini have unique parts and are just way cool -- but I'll probably wait a bit until things have settled down for her.

Just my 2 cents. Final I hope. Unless I think of someone else I've forgotten.

Who is Sheri?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 AM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

Default Look Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
Who is Sheri?

Man MMC, you just switched the MCP's from 2S/2S to 2F/2F. Remember the MCP check valve noise on a pump shift? Well, you might have just started more of a racket than the check valves slamming. Or maybe not; she may be old news by now. We'll see....
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
Who is Sheri?

She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:26 AM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.

As old Navy guy, I think a simple keelhauling should suffice.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff

Quote:

She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

That's a fair summary of the events.

One observation: YORF is a pretty quiet forum for the most part, with people acting with civility one to another. I believe that is due in large part because the majority of posters have a more "seasoned" median age than on other forums, and therefore have a "wiser" outlook on life and rockets. But even this topic raised not a little rancor on this forum, which goes to show you how polarizing the whole matter was. And it all seemed to come down to who you believed: the woman or her customers.

It was ugly and I am glad it's over.

Greg
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks was just wondering if there was a rocket source out there that I did not know about.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raohara
Man MMC, you just switched the MCP's from 2S/2S to 2F/2F. Remember the MCP check valve noise on a pump shift? Well, you might have just started more of a racket than the check valves slamming. Or maybe not; she may be old news by now. We'll see....

You just brought back a flood of memories LOL. Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGleason
That's a fair summary of the events.

One observation: YORF is a pretty quiet forum for the most part, with people acting with civility one to another. I believe that is due in large part because the majority of posters have a more "seasoned" median age than on other forums, and therefore have a "wiser" outlook on life and rockets. But even this topic raised not a little rancor on this forum, which goes to show you how polarizing the whole matter was. And it all seemed to come down to who you believed: the woman or her customers.

It was ugly and I am glad it's over.

Greg

Amen to that.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Old BAR

She was, however, exciting...........
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Appearance-wise she never did a darned thing for me as I work as well as know MANY women FAR more attractive than she ever hoped to.

JUST a keelhauling ?
Nah...after that if survived, there has to be a "Walk the PLANK" in there !

Bottom line with the whole previous ordeal was al whole lot of customers did NOT get what they paid for, and I for one am very glad the whole deal erupted PRIOR to what would have been a VERY BAD idea for me to order one of their kits. From what I have read of reviews of those kits, I'm further glad I did not order as I would have been disappointed.
Then again, I don't think I would have ordered anyway. I actually expect the goods sitting in inventory and ready to ship PRIOR to me ordering them.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 07-14-2010 at 01:09 PM.