Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default SEM-CP-16Y - instructions (or guidance) needed

Good Evening All;

Nearing completion of a Semroc Aerobee 150 (KD-3), but the parachute package (SEM-CP-16Y) is missing the instructions. What I've got is the 16" nylon octagon, shroud lines, and 16 (!) adhesive tape rings. These are not the solid discs with the two laser cut holes in them like the ones that came with the parachute kit on my Semroc KD-4 Iris.

The shroud lines are not long enough to go over the top of the canopy like those on my Aerospace Specialty Products WAC Corporal / Tiny Tim booster kit (that kit also has an octagonal chute with 16 tape circles; eight were used around the perimeter and the other eight were used at the top of the canopy to keep the shroud lines in place).

Does anyone know, are the additional eight adhesive rings simply extras, were they intended to be placed as a second layer atop the rings used to secure the shroud lines to the canopy, or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 04-02-2021, 09:54 PM
Avid Builder

I have the instructions for a CP-12 hexagonal chute pak.
Semroc has you put the reinforcement tabs on both sides of the chute where the holes will be punched.
Also instead of 3 shroud loops (or 4 for an octagonal) they have you cut six lines and tie them off on the end. And instead of tying the lines to the chute with a knot, they have you loop the line through the hole.
Anyhoo, instructions are in the pic attached. If it's not clear then let me know and I will type them out here. I assume they are similar to the CP-16 instructions but with longer shroud lines and eight instead of six lines.
Personally I would do it Estes style. Much easier dealing with four lines instead of eight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  0402211642[1].jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.16 MB  
Old 04-03-2021, 06:32 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Good Morning BARGeezer, all;

Appreciate you providing a copy of the instructions, certainly helps clear things up as well as give me something to think about. Your comment about doing it Estes-style is certainly worth considering, especially in light of how Semroc intends for me to construct this chute...

Thanks again,
Dave