Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
NAR # 19250 - Life Member

Default NIRCON 2013 - Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Fox Valley Rocketeers (FVR), NAR Section #683 and the Northern Illinois Rocketry Association, NAR Section #117 will once again be hosting our one day mini convention on Saturday, February 16, 2013, 9:00 - 5:00 at the Challenger Learning Center, Woodstock, IL.

Last year, we had about 30 people show up for a day of rocketry talks, videos, a raffle and pizza lunch.

We're hoping to expand the mini-convention to have two simultaneous tracks of talks, one for beginners and another for more experienced rocketeers.

Winter's kind of a rough time for we rocketeers up here where it snows . . . a lot . . ., and the convention's a good way to get the fire burning for the hobby before the spring flying season starts. If you're a rocketeer in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin, you should have this event on your schedule.

We're also looking for suggestions about what kind of talks people would like to hear. If you have a suggestion, please feel free to send it along to:

mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net

Hope to see you in February!
A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. But high above the quiet streets on the 12th floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye.

Fox Valley Rocketeers: http://www.foxvalleyrocketeers.org
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNoir
The Fox Valley Rocketeers (FVR), NAR Section #683 and the Northern Illinois Rocketry Association, NAR Section #117 will once again be hosting our one day mini convention on Saturday, February 16, 2013, 9:00 - 5:00 at the Challenger Learning Center, Woodstock, IL.

Last year, we had about 30 people show up for a day of rocketry talks, videos, a raffle and pizza lunch.

We're hoping to expand the mini-convention to have two simultaneous tracks of talks, one for beginners and another for more experienced rocketeers.

Winter's kind of a rough time for we rocketeers up here where it snows . . . a lot . . ., and the convention's a good way to get the fire burning for the hobby before the spring flying season starts. If you're a rocketeer in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin, you should have this event on your schedule.

We're also looking for suggestions about what kind of talks people would like to hear. If you have a suggestion, please feel free to send it along to:

Hey Mark,

Glad to see you up and kicking.

Could you do me a favor:

I broke two records back in February of this year out at Rainbow Valley: B B/G and C SD. I have asked over a dozen times for Dan Winings to update the records list. I have e-mailed two copies out to NAR board members asking why people who were at the SAME contest who set their records got their recognition and 8 months later I still haven't despite numerous inquiries to Dan ( even mailed the signed set of flight cards and contest entry forms, delivery confirmation that he received back in August) and e-mails to NAR BoD.

So at this point I realize that if anyone else had set the records, they would have had their recognition and if I, Jonathan 'LOUD MOUTH' - BLACK SELL OUT - Dunbar makes records, there must be something afoot... well there isn't.

So since my private requests go unanswered, I will NO LONGER use the chain of command and respectfully ask for my records to be acknowledged. I will now start to ask publicly.

I pay my dues, I keep my membership current. I volunteer at contests and at NARAMs. Last NARAM I got little sleep between being a scale judged AND competing ... I also feel that it led to a couple of mistakes that cost me the NAR C Division championship ... OK, I have to retool and do a better job next year ... I'm a big boy and can get the job done.

I just want recognition when I believe and act upon my esprit de corps for NAR competition.

So all I am is asking for is the SAME competition respect that any other NAR competitors receives ... can you help? If not, who do I have to speak to?

http://sssrocketry.org/contests/PRM30_Results.html

Jonathan Dunbar
NAR 34583
AMA 33414
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Crickets
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM
MMXCVII

Do you really think that hijacking the thread of someone who hasn't been the NAR president for over four years is going to get you anywhere?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspad
Do you really think that hijacking the thread of someone who hasn't been the NAR president for over four years is going to get you anywhere?

Geez, Bill. At least it's kinda on topic.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

AT this point going through the BoD and chain of command hasn't worked ... so what is left? Can you recommend a course of action and I WILL take it.

TIA

Jonathan
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 AM
MMXCVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
AT this point going through the BoD and chain of command hasn't worked ... so what is left? Can you recommend a course of action and I WILL take it.

TIA

Jonathan

I don't see you mentioning anything about contacting the current NAR President. Did you bring it up on the Yahoo contest group. If you feel the need to reply to this please start a new thread.

Just so Bunny's original post doesn't scroll off the top, here it is again:

NIRCON 2013 - Saturday, February 16, 2013

Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Based on my experience with Mark it will have almost exactly the same result as when he was NAR President or Contest Board Chairman.

I respect the many years of service he has given to NAR, believe me, but his management style was singularly responsible for the virtual elimination of competition in California and the western United States during my period of activity, and his style as President resulted in a very long period of slow or no growth.

This post may be off-topic for his original post but it is directly relevant to the subject at hand. The process he put in place is still at work. It would actually be better if NAR actively "promoted" new records as a means to improve awareness of competition.

But that's Just Jerry talking again.