Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Surfrajettes Fan

Default Agitating for Series 17 tubing

Comrades:

Gus' posting of a Nike-Nike-Smoke in another thread reminds me that another year has past without a vendor selling Series 17 tubing with 1.74" outer diameter and 1.70" inside diameter. This tubing would be great for the Smoke section on this rocket but would be absolutely perfect for a project near and dear to my heart: 1/10 Black Brant V.

A 1/10 Black Brant would have a 22.5 inch section of the new Series 17 with a section of Series 16/BT-60 at the bottom for the unusual reduced diameter section at the bottom of this Black Brant. Some fins, a 5.25" Series 17 bezier nose cone and Series 16/BT-60 engine mount hardware and you've got it; a rocket in present day use with ties to Canada and the United States. From here, you could do Black Brants VIII, IX, X and XII with various American boosters, with XII being a Talos-Honest John (M50)-Black Brant V with a Canadian Nihka fourth stage.

There are probably other rockets to use this tube for scale purposes but other than an Australian Jaribu, I can't think of any.

So if Semroc/eRockets or Apogee or Estes (call it BT-64 or something) wants to expand the product line, (or develop a new, non-military, scale kit) well, here you go.

Awaiting First Launch: Too numerous to count
Finishing: Zooch Saturn V; Alway/Nau BioArcas; Estes Expedition; TLP Standard
Repair/Rescue: Cherokee-D (2); Centuri Nike-Smoke; MX-774
On the Bench: 2650;
Dream Stage: 1/39.37 R-7