Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2022, 04:05 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I have two of those kits. Gave a third away to a friend for Christmas a few years ago. I have built one of the two. It has been painted white. The four black tubes are painted. I just need to paint the black details on the rest of it. I have painted the CM silver, but undecided if I will do any further detailing.

I think the record eBay price for this kit was over $400! One of my kits was acquired for $39 at a local Ace Hardware maybe 20 years ago.

The market is never the same, Especially after it sells ( The Collector got it ! ). They come n go. It’s possible it was mine, as I sold a Centuri one in the 1960s box for $400 once at auction. I have one now but in the 70s white box. The black paint isn’t the most fun thing to do. I left the original paper Apollo wrap on my 1/70 Estes one as I wanted it to be as "Estes original " as possible. I’m not Always a super scale buff…. A lil of both, sometimes
Old 04-20-2022, 06:18 PM
Apollo Nut

Pretty good deal on a 12 pack of Estes Alphas, if someone has a need for kits for a group project. Buy It Now at $65 with free shipping.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1340927074...AAOSwURliYIK 9

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 05-08-2022, 05:00 PM
Apollo Nut

No bids as of yet on this Centuri Lectra-Line 2 launch controller and LIA-77 wooden tripod launcher. Starting price is just $15. The launcher is missing the deflector and both look a little dusty and used, but certainly could be cleaned up. The Lectra-Line 2 in any condition does not come up too very often.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3344261971...AAOSwoBxibzN f

Little less than four hours left in listing.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 05-08-2022, 06:05 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
No bids as of yet on this Centuri Lectra-Line 2 launch controller and LIA-77 wooden tripod launcher. Starting price is just $15. The launcher is missing the deflector and both look a little dusty and used, but certainly could be cleaned up. The Lectra-Line 2 in any condition does not come up too very often.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3344261971...AAOSwoBxibzN f

Little less than four hours left in listing.

Earl

Perhaps they’ll be last minute bidding. But I have these new, and old. Not much fun having old used ones packed up in boxes,,,unless ur gonna use for launch…..
Old 05-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Master Modeler

Darn. I would have jumped on that one if I'd seen this before just now. I have been collecting old GSE to use occasionally and would have loved to add that LectraLine to the collection. I have one of those replica LIA-77s that were being sold by someone here on YORF....I don't know what I would have done what that partial one in that auction. Oh well....
AMA 42160
KG7AIE

Last edited by BEC : 05-08-2022 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:04 AM
Apollo Nut

Yeah, sorry you missed it if you wanted it. Maybe someone else here got it. It went pretty cheap I think...like $18 for the set. They were kinda used and dusty but were probably serviceable.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 06-05-2022, 07:44 PM
Apollo Nut

Default FSI Motor Listings

Over the past 2-3 days a good many packs of FSI motors have been listed by two different sellers. One of the two (located in CA) is only allowing ‘pick-up’ of their sales, but also state they will bring to LDRS-40 also, if you might happen to be attending or know someone who is that could then bring them back for you. Their listings are all F100 motors.

Prices are kinda steep but if you are looking for a particular motor to round out your collection, might be something there.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...w=little+joe+ii

Not my listings nor do I know either seller.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 06-05-2022, 10:48 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Over the past 2-3 days a good many packs of FSI motors have been listed by two different sellers. One of the two (located in CA) is only allowing ‘pick-up’ of their sales, but also state they will bring to LDRS-40 also, if you might happen to be attending or know someone who is that could then bring them back for you. Their listings are all F100 motors.

Prices are kinda steep but if you are looking for a particular motor to round out your collection, might be something there.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...w=little+joe+ii

Not my listings nor do I know either seller.

Earl

The listings from Bland, MO all start at 30-40% over typical or current prices. Buyer beware.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy63
The listings from Bland, MO all start at 30-40% over typical or current prices. Buyer beware.

Pricing was my one caveat -- across all these motors from both sellers -- but you never know what someone might be looking for in their personal collections, hence the post. It is unusual to have this many FSI motors listed at any one time.

Of course, it never hurts to contact a seller either and make an offer.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 06-06-2022, 07:14 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Gosh, I always thought those FSI engines were cool! Whereas an Estes engine typically burns for somewhere between a fraction of a second up to about a second, FSI produced long burn engines of 4 seconds and up to a maximum (IIRC) of around 8 seconds. Those E5's that are up for sale were examples of 4 second burns.