Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2020, 07:46 AM
Cars, Games, Rockets Oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
We already have a Semroc section here. I could create a new forum for their plans (if Randy approves) and you guys could attach them to individual posts there like we do in the Plans & Publications area. If a file is larger than 2mb in size just send it to me to put online.

Bandwidth is not an issue.

Is it in the plans section? (not to sound stupid) I haven't seen that is something on the site unless you are talking about the history list.

I went to bed last night thinking about how there are all the estes history pages (many that are 8 years out of date now) and how we need a good semroc one being that the old semroc site doesn't work anymore.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lence
Is it in the plans section? (not to sound stupid) I haven't seen that is something on the site unless you are talking about the history list.

No, I'm saying I could create a Semroc Plans forum within the Semroc section of the site.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-09-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying I could create a Semroc Plans forum within the Semroc section of the site.

Ah ok...my misreading of what you said
Old 09-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:

And maybe post #1 could be reserved as an 'index' as to which post # a particular plan appears.

I say that since there are something about like 130 plans or so. After about the first 40-50 posts of pdf plans, it's gonna get to be a bit of a chore (and only get worse as more are added after that) to see which ones have been posted and which haven't.

If the first post is a post that folks could 'edit' as they add a post with the next plan they have, they could go back to Post #1 and edit it and say (one line): "SLS Aerodart in Post #47".

Then, when someone wanted to 'find' a particular plan (or see if one needs to be added), they can go to Post #1 and search just that one post to see what is where in the thread and go directly to the post they are looking for, OR to see if a particular plan has or has not yet been posted.

If someone has a better idea, please put it forward. I'm just trying to find a way that will make it easy to go through the eventual many, many posts trying to find a given plan, AND to keep a given plan from being posted within the thread multiple times simply because someone missed where it had already been posted in say Post #124 for example.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 09-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Apollo Nut

Addendum:

Well, not sure the 'edit post #1' suggestion will work, since someone can not edit a post they did not originally compose.

Any way around that Scott?

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 09-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
These are the kits I believe I have instructions for.
•Semroc
Bill,

To clarify, are these (unscanned) "analog" printouts, or (already scanned) "digital" PDFs?

"Inquiring minds want to..." --Aw, they're just noisy, at that.

Thanks!
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 09-09-2020, 04:07 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
Bill,

To clarify, are these (unscanned) "analog" printouts, or (already scanned) "digital" PDFs?

"Inquiring minds want to..." --Aw, they're just noisy, at that.

Thanks!

These are the kits I've bought. Some aren't yet open, but if I plan to build them..... If anyone needs a scan, I can do whatever works best.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark
Old 09-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Addendum:

Well, not sure the 'edit post #1' suggestion will work, since someone can not edit a post they did not originally compose.

Any way around that Scott?

Earl

I would create a new area to post in. Each plan would be an individual post. No need for an index. People could either scan the titles in the Semroc Plans section or use the search function to find the plan they want.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-09-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I would create a new area to post in. Each plan would be an individual post. No need for an index. People could either scan the titles in the Semroc Plans section or use the search function to find the plan they want.

That would be awesome.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:

Yep, I understand that each plan is an individual post in a new section. But, for that very reason (and because of the numbers of plans there will be), I was trying to come up with some way to make it just a bit easier to find a given plan in what will be, eventually (if most all plans get posted), about 130 posts. That assumes no ‘commentary’ posts mixed in with the ‘plan’ posts.

If folks are ok with wading through that many to find a plan (or to see whether a given plan has been posted before they post one...don’t want two and three copies of a given plan posted), then ok.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions