Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Designer's Studio
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #361  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:51 PM
CPMcGraw's Avatar
CPMcGraw CPMcGraw is offline
BARCLONE Rocketry
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 5,357
Default Design Count Update

521...
__________________
Craig McGraw

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 12-20-2008, 01:01 PM
James Pierson James Pierson is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 654
Smile New Design: Black Hole Space Probe II

After many, many version of this design I finally settled on this version 3 of the Black Hole
Space Probe II. It is definetly different than the original version and yet I believe that it
still holds the same unique style. Some will like it and some will not, however, here it is
none the less. The Dv's for the C6-5 are high with a late ejection and with an C6-3 even
worse so it went with the C6-5. The actual build/test flight will probably be with the C6-3
as a built version always seems to be heavier that the sim.

3rd Annual

5 Days Before Christmas

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to ALL, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Black Hole Space Probe II (18mm)
Launch guide length: 36.0000 In

MOTOR.................MAX. ALTITUDE...........DEP. VELOCITY
A8-3..................140.36600 Ft.............19.1322 ft/s
B4-4..................320.18458 Ft.............20.4378 ft/s
B6-4..................323.69121 Ft.............17.4312 ft/s
C6-5..................671.07115 Ft.............26.4485 ft/s
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Black Hole Space Probe II 2D Iamge.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  26.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Black Hole Space Probe II 3D Image #1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  18.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Black Hole Space Probe II 3D Image #2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  17.8 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Black Hole Space Probe 3.rkt (99.4 KB, 84 views)
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 12-20-2008, 04:35 PM
James Pierson James Pierson is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 654
Smile By Special Request

By Special Request:

Merry Christmas John.
Here is the 24mm upscale of the Crazy Bee. All parts should be available at Semroc. Since I know you like option I went with both 1/8" and 3/16" launch lugs for this design. Also added an CR ejection Baffle and an E engine hook withan D-E Spacer ring. My only concern is how well the RT-99D fit around the ST-1160 Tube fins. It might be an somewhat snug fit and one must build it to find out how snug. Feel free to change the name and colors as you wish for that personal touch. If you have any build question just contact me or just start a build thread and I'll guide you through it.

Merry Christmas and Enjoy, Your Pal JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Crazy Train (24mm)
Launch guide length: 48.0000 In

MOTOR.................MAX. ALTITUDE...........DEP. VELOCITY
D12-5..................824.97375 Ft.............6.3180 ft/s
E9-6..................1282.84121 Ft............26.8714 ft/s

Semroc Parts List:

Qty......Part#...........Description

1-.......BC-1354.........Nose cone
1-.......ST-13180........Upper Body tube
1-.......HTC-13..........Tube coupler
1-.......CP-20...........Parachute
1-.......SCK-30..........Kevlar Shock Cord
1-.......EC-124..........Shock Cord
1-.......CR-713..........Ejection Baffle CR
1-.......SE-12...........Screw Eye-Large
1-.......LL-117..........Launch lug
1-.......LL-320..........Launch lug
1-.......ST-1363.........Lower Body tube
1-.......ST-950..........MM Body tube
1-.......CR-9-13.........Centering rings 6pk
1-.......TR-9............Engine block
1-.......TS-9............Engine block spacer
1-.......EH-38...........Engine Hook E
4-.......RT-99D..........Ring Tail Body tube
3-.......ST-1160.........Tube Fin Body Tube

PS. The snow has started and I am hunkered down and ready for the 10"-18" of snow with the 90 mph wind that are expected . Take care and wish you the best of all things, JP.

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Crazy Bee 24mm 3D Image #2.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  17.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Crazy Bee 24mm 3D Image #1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  21.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Crazy Bee 24mm 2D Image #3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  52.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Crazy Bee 24mm 2D Image #2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  22.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Crazy Bee 24mm 2D Image.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  22.3 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Upscale Crazy Bee 24mm.rkt (79.5 KB, 105 views)
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
johnnwwa johnnwwa is offline
BAR
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
By Special Request:

Merry Christmas John.
Here is the 24mm upscale of the Crazy Bee. All parts should be available at Semroc. Since I know you like option I went with both 1/8" and 3/16" launch lugs for this design. Also added an CR ejection Baffle and an E engine hook withan D-E Spacer ring. My only concern is how well the RT-99D fit around the ST-1160 Tube fins. It might be an somewhat snug fit and one must build it to find out how snug. Feel free to change the name and colors as you wish for that personal touch. If you have any build question just contact me or just start a build thread and I'll guide you through it.

Merry Christmas and Enjoy, Your Pal JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Crazy Train (24mm)
Launch guide length: 48.0000 In

MOTOR.................MAX. ALTITUDE...........DEP. VELOCITY
D12-5..................824.97375 Ft.............6.3180 ft/s
E9-6..................1282.84121 Ft............26.8714 ft/s

Semroc Parts List:

Qty......Part#...........Description

1-.......BC-1354.........Nose cone
1-.......ST-13180........Upper Body tube
1-.......HTC-13..........Tube coupler
1-.......CP-20...........Parachute
1-.......SCK-30..........Kevlar Shock Cord
1-.......EC-124..........Shock Cord
1-.......CR-713..........Ejection Baffle CR
1-.......SE-12...........Screw Eye-Large
1-.......LL-117..........Launch lug
1-.......LL-320..........Launch lug
1-.......ST-1363.........Lower Body tube
1-.......ST-950..........MM Body tube
1-.......CR-9-13.........Centering rings 6pk
1-.......TR-9............Engine block
1-.......TS-9............Engine block spacer
1-.......EH-38...........Engine Hook E
4-.......RT-99D..........Ring Tail Body tube
3-.......ST-1160.........Tube Fin Body Tube

PS. The snow has started and I am hunkered down and ready for the 10"-18" of snow with the 90 mph wind that are expected . Take care and wish you the best of all things, JP.

.

James
Question? Did you Sim this design with a E9-8 ? Just wondering if the Dep Vel would be lower.

also Semroc Chute CP-20 not for sale yet.

We are getting very lite snow now but we do not expect that high of winds 90mph more like 25-40mph which is bad enough.


John
__________________
John

NAR #91135 L1
SAM #0037
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM
James Pierson James Pierson is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 654
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
James
Question? Did you Sim this design with a E9-8 ? Just wondering if the Dep Vel would be lower.

also Semroc Chute CP-20 not for sale yet.

We are getting very lite snow now but we do not expect that high of winds 90mph more like 25-40mph which is bad enough.


John


John, the sim for the E9-8 has Dv's of 65.85 which is way to high. Looking at other chute option at Semroc I would go with the 16" chute as we prefer them closer to the pad .

Hope this helps, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Tau Zero's Avatar
Tau Zero Tau Zero is offline
Incurable SEMROC Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
Posts: 2,036
Thumbs up New Design: Epsilon 3

Okay, rocketry fans, here's my first officially released RockSim 9 design. After I saw the "Peak of Flight" issue previewing RS9's new "pod" feature, I starting working on this rocket.

Sure, the yellow and purple color scheme screams, "SHROX!" (But have you seen *Craig's* new RS9 designs?!? )

Babylon 5 fans may remember that the B5 space station orbits the planet Epsilon Eridani III. "Epsilon 3" is my first nod in that direction, and *yes* Virginia, "Eridani" is no doubt in the wings. (Or will be *taking* wing, if you know what I mean. )


My usual file layouts follow, with the brand-spanking new "03" end view, courtesy RockSim 9's new "detachable" viewing window.


Cheers!

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Epsilon_3_00.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  64.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Epsilon_3_01.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  143.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Epsilon_3_02.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  146.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Epsilon_3_03.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  45.4 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Epsilon_3_RS9.rkt (95.6 KB, 92 views)
__________________
Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"/"Tau Zero"
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131


“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 12-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Tau Zero's Avatar
Tau Zero Tau Zero is offline
Incurable SEMROC Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
Posts: 2,036
Exclamation Nebula Rat, Take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I have not simulated this yet, as the CG is behind the CP. The margin reads -11.55!!!
Stability margins are a lot better now, but deployment velocities leave something to be desired.

13mm motors couldn't even get this thing off the ground, so I had to kick it up to 18mm, add 1.5" to the ST-8 tube, and an SE-14 screw eye. (Apparently that's my "secret weapon" when it comes to inducing [relative] stability.)



.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Nebula_Rat_v2_00.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  46.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nebula_Rat_v2_01.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  126.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nebula_Rat_v2_02.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  158.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Nebula_Rat_v2_03.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  23.1 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Nebula_Rat_V9_v2.rkt (105.7 KB, 78 views)
__________________
Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"/"Tau Zero"
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131


“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 12-21-2008, 12:32 PM
James Pierson James Pierson is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 654
Smile New Design: Polaris Probe

Latest weather report is that 12 inches of snow on the ground and another 4 inches expected today .
Things are pretty much shut down around here and I am suprised we still have power.

This particular design is inspired by a friend of mine named David Glass. I met David at the
Blue Mountain Rocketeer's launch in Dayton, WA in August of 2008. David is an interesting
person to meet and so are his design. John (Johnnwwa) and my brother in law Danny were also
there and we had a fantastic time test flying rockets. I look forward to returning next year and
launching with the Blue Mountain Rocketeer's.

PS. Launch report and video of the August 2008 test launches still pending. Great news is that the Sky Champ Lander
has flown well on an C6-3 and the Tranquility 9 has flown well on three B6-2'with pod ejection at about 200 feet. Too Cool .

3rd Annual

4 Days Before Christmas

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to ALL, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Polaris Probe (18mm)
Launch guide length: 36.0000 In

MOTOR.................MAX. ALTITUDE...........DEP. VELOCITY
B4-4..................245.57907 Ft.............26.1485 ft/s
B6-4..................253.56398 Ft.............21.1870 ft/s
C6-5..................637.10958 Ft. ...........17.3764 ft/s
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Polaris Probe 3D Image #2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  27.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Polaris Probe 3D Image #1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  25.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Polaris Probe 2D Image.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  26.8 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Polaris Probe.rkt (69.0 KB, 66 views)
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
CPMcGraw's Avatar
CPMcGraw CPMcGraw is offline
BARCLONE Rocketry
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Stability margins are a lot better now, but deployment velocities leave something to be desired.

13mm motors couldn't even get this thing off the ground, so I had to kick it up to 18mm, add 1.5" to the ST-8 tube, and an SE-14 screw eye. (Apparently that's my "secret weapon" when it comes to inducing [relative] stability.)



.


I just ran a simulation using the C6-7, and got a Dv of 29 FPS even. That's better than the 38 FPS of the C6-5.

Think I'm going to build this one. It's just oddball enough to draw some attention...
__________________
Craig McGraw

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
James Pierson James Pierson is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 654
Smile

Here ia an 13mm design I call the Star Runner. With an design like this I am hoping that
Rocksim 9 will be able to predict the drag on the tip fins and pods. This will hopefully
allow me to eliminate or reduce the nose wieghts, improve altitude preformmance, and reduce
the Dv's. Wishful thinking?? For now the A3T-4 is the motor to go with.

3rd Annual

3 Days Before Christmas

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to ALL, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Star Runner (13mm)
Launch guide length: 36.0000 In

MOTOR.................MAX. ALTITUDE...........DEP. VELOCITY
1/2A3T-2..............135.61614 Ft.............20.2044 ft/s
A10T-3................362.12598 Ft.............23.5035 ft/s
A3T-4.................375.39370 Ft.............5.1211 ft/s
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Star Runner 2D Image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  25.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Star Runner 3D Image #1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  16.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Star Runner 3D Image #2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  11.9 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Star Runner.rkt (67.7 KB, 89 views)
Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2020