View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Master Modeler

Thumbs up

CPMcGraw
Quote:
I've been adding to the list of designs shown on the new blog. You'll find these on the COLLECTIVE INSANITY page. But I've been limiting these to only designs that have been built and flown, not just simulated in RockSim. If you're curious as to which ones are "fully proven", this is where you'll see them.

Maybe we need to define "Fully Proven" I just cannot afford to "Prove" a design the way Vern did it and these motors are getting more expensive by the minute .
I'm thinking, "Fully Proven" should be three good flights and recovery with the largest motor the design was intended to fly with. Feel free to jump in anyone???

Quote:
I'd like for all of the BARCLONE contributors to let me know which of their designs have been built and successfully flown, too, so that I can include them in the list. That way, you can get recognition for your work.

I be glad to make that list as soon as I figure out which ones they are . My trouble lately is figuring out which designs are "Finished/Done" as I always seem to think of minor & major imporvements.

Quote:
I'm still adding content, and I would like to include an ABOUT page with a bio of each BARCLONE contributor (especially our core contributors!). PM me here on YORF if you want to have something posted on the ABOUT page.

I will find the time to work on the bio soon Craig.

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

PS. I managed to get a few front yard test flights in on the 4th. I have converted Sky Champ to 18mm and had a good flight on an A8-3 and a beautiful flight B6-4 to about 400 feet. I need to stretch this design another inch to make more room for the 12 inch parachute though as it is too tight of a pack. Barclone flight report upcoming!