View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 10:00 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
Word direct from friends at Estes say the 1/100 Saturn 1B is to be reissued next year.
Also being considered is the Mercury Atlas and a few others I can’t think of now.
I’ll check my notes. They too are Scale kits we’ve longed for to return. So...Be Patient, and avoid those $300 dollar ones on eBay !
It will come soon enough.
Just found this in my notes. Also being produced will be a SKYLAB SATURN V !
Here’s a pic of the prototype. The Box is in the foreground. Let’s hope this Covid disaster is cut short, that everyone is safe, and it doesn’t hamper the efforts at Estes to produce these great kits. There’s more, but I’ll have to locate my info.
Dan.
PS, the pic was too big so I had to change it on my iPad. Earlier on L. Joe pics, I found a button to hold on Here, to downsize them. I couldn’t find it again. Can anyone help,,,how do you do this ?! ......
PSS....I was able to edit ( remove the name of who wrote me) and photograph the part of the letter I got verifying the return of the Saturn 1B. I hope this is not unethical or putting anyone on the spot, etc. If so, administrators Please let me know. In my letter I requested info on many kits in question, I still cannot find the other info. But this should substantiate the 1B's probable return.

Bill Stine and Ellis Langford were just on the NARAM Virtual Manufacts session last night showing the new box, and pointing out some of the improvements. One "improvement" I noticed is that it is modeled as one of the Skylab flights (definitely got the Skylab vibe going), so you don't have to paint those **** tanks!