View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdros
I sent Angelo an email. Now the question is 'what about the nose cone?' Would any of the Moldin' Oldies nose cones work from Sirius Rocketry?

(I didn't understand what DaddisaBAR meant by nose cones from the 3FNC kits.)

I got two great flights with the Sukhoi before it lawn darted. It was tremendous seeing it fly and I'd love to fly it on a D! I can't say how much I love these rockets!

There are several other old Sunward 3FNC kits that have that nosecone - I think the names are like Moon Dancer and CFX 3, buy them for the nose cone and use the other parts elsewhere. That nose cone was also in the Umbrella, Galactic Wave and Glider kits - a bit more expensive to acquire. I checked and the planes are now bringing big bucks on FeeBay! Guess the supply-demand curve has shifted as more BARs discover these gems!

Yes - never launch these beauties in anything over a light breeze. Also look out for shock cord breakage in a light breeze or after several flights - they are just like Estes shock cords if not even a bit lighter. The one on my Liberator broke like on fight five, much to the delight of my crusty old ultra conservative flight buddy, finally he had something to harp on after watching so many successful flights. I had to save face by blaming “Socialized” Canadian medicine for providing cheap Canadian rubbers, resulting in an issue upon ejection. That was enough to quell even the staunchest tea party observer. Since then I have flown it several times with two stock shock cords tied together, again, much to their chagrin.