View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation When "Real Life" happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I've been tied up with "other stuff" for several weeks, now, and just have not had any time to work on new designs.
Craig,

No biggie. It seems like I've finally been freed up to actually do some rocket building lately, so I have no problem with "taking up the slack" for a change!

Quote:
I've got some sketches that I need to run sims on, but anything you guys can add to cross the finish line would be great!
My creative "obsessive compulsions" seem to be doing ST-7 to ST-10 based 137% upscales of some classic Centuri designs. So far the "hit list" includes the Micron, Vector-V, Sky Devil, and (just last night!) the official Cub Scout rocket Akela-1. (Vector-V fins on a Sky Devil nose cone and body tube configuration. How's that for a rocketry epiphany? )

So here's my question: Should these modern-day updates (and upscales) count as new designs? (This is mostly rhetorical, but I'd like to get some objective input on my thinking here.)

Thanks, and cheers, as always,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014