View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacklin
A policeman cannot legally enforce a law or ordinance that does not exist. Before a proposed law or ordinance can be enacted the public must be given the opportunity for "review and comment". This is the essence of a constitutional republic and the rule of law. Anything less is a police state. And I'm still pissed!

I did some checking on a website, I believe this is the actual law the Cleveland Metro-Parks to show how a law can interpreted in various ways....

549.02 THROWING OR SHOOTING MISSILES.
(a) No person shall throw, shoot or propel an arrow, missile, pellet, stone, metal or other similar substance capable of causing physical harm to persons or property, in or on any public place, in or on the property of another, or from any private property into or onto any public place or the property of another. This section does not apply to authorized ranges or instruction nor when otherwise lawfully authorized.
(b) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not more than one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) for the first offense and not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each subsequent offense. (ORC 1545.99)

In my opinion, you could be ticketed for skipping stones under this ordinance.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.