View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Wink Craig throws down the gauntlet, and Jay just looks at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Everyone should take note: In the recent "Peak of Flight" newsletter from Apogee, TVM makes mention of RockSim 9, and while he doesn't indicate a firm target date, the fact that he mentions it at all is of great interest. TVM mentions some features in the new version, and I hope they allow us some additional freedom in what we can incorporate into the new designs.
Lemme tell ya, I was drooling all over Newsletter #221, which shows that we'll be able to put nose cones on pods, fins on fins, pods on fins, fins on pods on fins... (insert "drooling" emoticon here!).

On the Apogee website, TVM mentions that RS9 should be available in time for Christmas. (I've already set my $100+ aside.)

Quote:
I propose we begin an all-out effort to flex our muscles and strain our creative juices, and see how long it takes us to reach 1000 designs! There are over a dozen contributors to the BARCLONE project. If each member could design just ONE NEW MODEL EACH WEEK, we would reach that goal before the end of 2009.

Is this feasible? Or is it nuts?
(Hispanic accent) "Okay Meestair Craig, ju know dat ju are chust craysee, no?"

(Stage whisper) Now *watch.* We'll make 1000, and he'll raise the number AGAIN!

All the same, see a following post with my contribution for this week. Or this month, given my decidedly non-James Pierson-like output capabilities.

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014