View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 04:27 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Steve-
Did you get a #6 ?

I did purchase a vintage #6 handle from the same seller and I should have it Tuesday. Thanks again GH I am still learning a lot about these vintage Xacto tools. I didn’t know that the #6 has come in 3 different sizes. The one I purchased is the "smallest" diameter handle version. The oldest #6 have a larger diameter handle, and the neck is a little longer also.

If I remove the silver with the black rubber gripster knife and put the #6 in the wood slot, and put the #5 where the silver/black one was, I think I might get the lid to close....not sure. That is why I opted for the smaller handle version for now. The only knife in my current set that I’m not real fond of is the gripster.

I did purchase some #2 blades both vintage and in the 15 pack dispenser. I can’t find the #2 blades in the Z-Series zirconium anywhere. I agree, the zirconium blades do last much longer. I had bought a #1 with a #11 zirconium blade a few years back at a hobby store that came as a package and a small pack of extra Z-Series blades and the blades did work well and lasted a LONG time. It will be a while before I need them but any idea where I can find Z-Series #2 blades? What #6 handle[s] do you own?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  2E4E0BBE-36B0-4CEF-A6D1-EBF51F6BE487.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  282.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  1EA71390-A707-4742-93D3-8A33CCCAF1D6.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  191.0 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates