View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 04:52 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Steve-
That looks like a #86 standard craft set with a larger sanding block, minus the spoke-shave.
I'm pretty sure it should have a spoke shave.
#1, #2, #5 knife handles, small plane, and a balsa stripper.
Added gripster knife, added razor saw blade, added additional blade paks.
That added small Xacto leather strop will really keep blades sharp.
I have another one of those coming from him, a rare X-Calibre retractable knife, and some rare #14 blades coming.
I'll take a picture of a spoke-shave tonight and post later.
If I may make one suggestion you should add to your set, get a #6 knife handle with a #2 blade.
The #6 is the heavy aluminum hexagonal handle knife. The #2 blade is the large version of the #11 pointed blade that fits the larger handles.
I use that knife almost as much as the #1.

I just received my set and it's contents are in much better condition than I had imagined! Lots of extra blades, everything wiped down and carefully shipped. I now see why you do business with this seller. One question. You suggested adding to my set a #6 knife handle with a #2 blade in the future. Personally do you think it's easier to grip than the #5 handle? A little more heavy duty? The set also came with a metal ruler that I didn't see in the pictures it was in the box tucked in there directly in front of the sanding block. Any other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Xacto.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  1.69 MB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates