Thread: First Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
BP Mafia

I'm going to defer to the old guys like Chas and Doug as far as motors from before 1977 because I never flew anything more complicated than B6-4s and C6-5s way back then. I like the ideas of an A8-0 booster making a return, and all the talk about the A5 and B14 has me itching to try somthing like them. One thing I wanted to add was that it might be wise to consider producing something rather pedestrian like a B6-4 or C6-5, just for the comparison shopper. Estes quality control is at a low ebb right now as far as those ejection charges, and I would think that giving something to compare it to might just reel in a segment of the market that's tired of Estes lack of response. They've got the $$$ to stock the Wal-Mart shelves, but you've got us and we've got the ear of the rocketeers who look at this as something more than launching an RTF with the kids every now and then.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark